• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Mirai 2014's Stories, Key Visuals, Additional Staff Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I really enjoyed Little Witch Academia so I'm definitely looking forward to these projects. There are some brilliant minds out there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
Maybe I'm wrong but these sound like one-shots rather than the kind of fake first episode of a series that doesn't exist that sometimes comes out of Anime Mirai. That might a deliberate calculation by the studios that doing so grants the most useful experience, but I find it's unrewarding to the audience.

Chronos sounds like it might be one of those, though.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to Harmonie as Yoshiura is one of my favorite directors.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Always interested to see how the Anime Mirai shorts turn out. I wish someone would start collecting them in an anthology and release it in R1.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong but these sound like one-shots rather than the kind of fake first episode of a series that doesn't exist that sometimes comes out of Anime Mirai. That might a deliberate calculation by the studios that doing so grants the most useful experience, but I find it's unrewarding to the audience.

I thought that was the point, to make self-contained 26 minute stories. Most of the previous Anime Mirais were like that, I guess everyone just went absolutely berserk over LWA and Death Billiards and thought they were supposed to be pilots. The goal of this yearly exercise is to force studios to let their juniors take over by giving them an unbelievably hefty sum of money, the type of cash that no 26 minute OVA likely gets anymore, forget about TV episodes. People barely even paid attention to Anime Mirai until that Wasurenagumo story came out, otherwise no one talks about all of the other child-oriented projects like Buta, Ojii-san no Lamp, Kizuna Ichigeki, Puka Puka Juju and so on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1