• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ice9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quote
Favorites:
1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's been said many times, but this is one of the most sumblimely surreal shows out there. The characters are realistic and completely absurd at the same time, especially Kyon he's completely and utterly normal. With the likes of Haruhi around that's downright unnatural.

2) Hataraki Man. This one's a little more obscure. It's about a woman working in the stressful world of magazine editing. It's the perfect show for people who feel like they always have to much to do. Whether it's a job or all your finals on the same day, at some point everyone can empathise.

3) Cowboy Bebop. Going in the opposite direction from number two, a show everybody knows. The thing that really got me about cowboy bebop wasn't the awesome fight scenes or the equally incredible story. It was the characters that were so deep and involved there were times when I could almost feel like I knew them in real life.

4) Elfen Lied. This one is simple: totally badass fight scenes. It might sound a little shallow, but it's hard not to love (or be mentally scarred by) a series that starts with a naked chick ripping through (litterally) a military facility.

5) FLCL/Hare+Guu. I couldn't decide between thes. Both of them have a sense of humor unique to themselves. I think the first time we see Haruko in FLCL is possibly the most side splittingly hilarious thing I've ever seen in anime. Whereas the first 30 seconds of Hare+Guu had me completely at a loss for what to think about. And it just kept going like that. From the Pokute to the chest hair afro, Hare+Guu is truely indescribable.
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
I don't have the tendency to watch more than a couple episodes of a series if I am not enjoying it much. Because of this, I really don't have much of list so far as least favorites, just Shuffle! which I watched the first half of before I realized it was never going to be anything more than fanservice.

So my list of favorites is:

1. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
This series, besides just being wonderful, also holds a bit of special significance to me, because it was my first real anime series(I'm not counting things like Pokemon that I watched half a dozen years ago for this). I absolutely love this series, to the point where I read the novels as well.

2. Kanon 2006
Another KyoAni series, I loved every part of this, the humor, the crying, and the throwing things at the monitor when Mai spoiler[tried to kill herself].
This is also the first series I watched every week as it came out.

3. Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu!?
(and the rest of FMP!&TSR)
Continuing with KyoAni, it is another great comedy series. Although Fumoffu!?
is my favorite, I also enjoyed the rest of FMP, so I will list them here with Fumoffu.

4. CardCaptor Sakura
Self-explanatory.

5. Shakugan no Shana
I am still not sure what exactly makes this series so good. I think it is really that it did everything well, and then had Shana as icing. Even the fight-scene background music was good.(I remember one violin solo I liked in particular)

6. xxxHOLiC
I know may people thought that this was a series that was badly done. The only thing that I disliked about xxxHOLiC was the animation quality, and I think that it was still an exceptional series(for anyone who is counting, that is 3 KyoAni and 2 CLAMP)

7. Tsubasa Chronicles
More CLAMP goodness. Anyone else really want to see everyone visiting the world of CardCaptor Sakura?

8. Negima!?
Negima!? is ridiculous. In a good way.

9. My Hime/ Mai Otome
This is one of those cases where two series are good on their own, but much better when they are supporting each other. And at the end of Otome, Sergey gets shot in the head. *evil laugh*

10. Clannad
Okay, so it isn't out yet, but I know that it is going to end up on this list, so it may as well go on now.

Final Count:
KyoAni: 4.5
CLAMP: 3
Key: 2
(and some other random companies)
AegisX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I'll only list my top five... they'll probably seem pretty generic to most...

5th place - Lupin the Third(Green Jacket episodes)
Lupin and the gang in some of their earliest adventures in anime. The show was just fun and Myazaki's involvement just helped to make it better. For a show produced in the early 70's it had excellent animation and artwork and the soundtrack wasn't half bad either.

4th place - FLCL
There's something intriguing about sheer insanity. I can't put my finger on it but it's there all right. One of the best things about this series was the soundtrack made up entirely of songs by The Pillows, it gave energy to even the most mundane of scenes.

3rd place - Cowboy Bebop
From comedy to action to even character development Cowboy Bebop had something to appeal to everyone. Like FLCL the soundtrack played a huge part in this series and gave it a sense of style I've yet to see reproduced. The mostly episodic nature of the story also made it pretty easy to get into.

2nd place - Hellsing
I've still not finished this series(I've only got a few episodes left) but it's already one of my favorites. The vampires hunting vampires angle is interesting and something about the show appeals to me(unlike basically every other anime involving vampires...). Like FLCL and Bebop one of my favorite aspects of Hellsing is the music. It's honestly some of the best I've heard in an anime before.

1st place - Black Jack 21
Tezuka created a masterpiece when he penned Black Jack. Seriously. With a good cast of characters and a well written storyline involving conspiracies and seemingly random surgery, Black Jack 21 is an excellent series. The animation is fluid and the artwork beautiful(if cartoonish), and the music is some of the best I've heard(I sound like a broken record don't I?). Do yourself a favor and watch this already.

I have only one series that has ever truly earned my hatred and that is....

Naruto
While a lot of my rage towards this comes from how horrendously overrated it is, the vast majority is the titular character, Naruto. He's just horrendously annoying. I can't honestly explain why. Perhaps it's the near constant perkiness, maybe it's because of "Believe it!" or "Dattbayo!", or the jumpsuit... what kind of ninja wears orange?! When you include the long, drawn out storylines, the filler, and (mostly) annoying voice acting, you'll get an annoyed me. In the end Naruto is merely a generic shounen that doesn't deserve all the praise it gets on a near daily basis.

Last edited by AegisX on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Nom_Anor wrote:
3. Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu!?
(and the rest of FMP!&TSR)
Continuing with KyoAni, it is another great comedy series. Although Fumoffu!?
is my favorite, I also enjoyed the rest of FMP, so I will list them here with Fumoffu.

So...now that we know you like them, why do you like them?

Nom_Anor wrote:
4. CardCaptor Sakura
Self-explanatory.

No, it's not. Explain.

Nom_Anor wrote:
7. Tsubasa Chronicles
More CLAMP goodness. Anyone else really want to see everyone visiting the world of CardCaptor Sakura?

I really want to see you put some actual effort into telling us why you like the shows you like, just as everyone else here is required to do.

Nom_Anor wrote:
8. Negima!?
Negima!? is ridiculous. In a good way.

And?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
illuz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
my top five animes are
Rolling Eyes

1.)Zero no tsukaima:
the characters are cute although i was disturbed by the storyline relating to harry potter but its only at the beginning well its an interesting anime a part romatic ,louise is really cute,while saito is kinda under but its really funny.. you should watch it although its no famous i really like it Cool

2.)shingetsutan tsukihime;
if you like storylines about vampire and kinds of them this is a good one great story but not too eye catching but a really sad ending on the part of the one left behind,storylines great animation is fine unlike other animes that have bad quality of animation Twisted Evil

3.)ayashi no ceres;
its kinda disturbing at first seeing brothers or cousin trying to get aya
but its romantic also kinda sad

4.)ah! my goddess;
its a fantasy type of anime with a slice of life to it
just imagine having 1 wish and your wish is for a godess to stay with you forever is kinda cool regarding that the godess is really cute then you'll probably fall in love with her...but then you thought there wont be any disturbance just wait till her sisters comes and destroys their piece and happiness.

5.)itsudatte my santa;
although its a short anime its really eye catching but too bad it only has
five episodes but overall its a fantastic anime full of comedy ,and love ect..
i personally prescribe that you take just a little time to watch it Very Happy Laughing Wink Idea
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quote
I appologize as this is offtopic.

people should think twice before putting some of these titles on their 5 worst lists. Now in fairness I guess it is YOUR least favorites so maybe what really matters is just wether you liked it. Still though, it seems unfair to declare shows as bad just because theyre not meant for someone like you.

For instance, Kids shows. No kidding you didn't enjoy Hamtaro. Thats cause its aimed at little kids. The same can be said for Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Duel masters, etc.

Also, Shounen shows. Naruto, DBZ, etc "I didn't like it cause like it was all repetitive and went on forever..." Thats what shounen does. Its meant to be marketed to teenage boys, and its meant to be the kinda thing where you can toon in each day to watch the characters duke it out and if you miss an episode you arent lost.

Finally, certain genres. I've seen alot of: I didn't like this cause it was like Mecha and ya know i like dont like Mecha. Well firslt I gotta question why you watched it. putting it on your list though just cause it is a genre you dont like seems silly. The same could be said about other genres too. Possibly Romance or Action.

Again, I guess it is YOUR disliked Animes so regadless of reason if you didn't like it... Still though I would seem to me that it would be a better use of time to talk about an Anime that you actually felt was bad.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quote
My top 5 Favorites are (In no real particular order):

1. Busou Renkin: Every year I get to see at least one new shounen jump anime, and rarely do I ever really keep interest in any of those anime long enough to finish it. Busou Renkin is different. With it's final episode premiering in Japan only two days from now, I can finally say I finished a shounen jump anime series and really liked it. With only 26 episodes, Busou Renkin manages to be a Generic Shounen Anime that doesn't last more than 50 episodes. I don't mind cliches or a generic story every once in a while, as long as the series can use its plotline to its advantage. Busou Renkin is far from anything even close to the word origional, but the series has enough heart and spirit to keep me locked on. Being a fan of Watsuki Nobuhiro's work already, I had already read the manga series and loved it even during those times where this series was beaten to death with bashes such as "It is a Full Metal Alchemist/Bleach ripoff!!!"and "It isn't Rurouni Kenshin". I guess defending the series I enjoyed from such bashes made me like the series even more. Aside from the that though, the reason I like this anime is quite simple. I enjoy the characters, and the story. I have fun watching Kazuki and Tokiko fight the homoculus while also goofing around with thier Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Rurouni Kenshin parodies. It is a series I can watch, have fun with, and relax to, while having that comfort of knowing it has an ending.

Pokemon: Okay, I don't care whay anyone says, I like Pokemon. I liked it back when I was a kid playing the trading card game a my local bookstore, and I like today as an 18-year-old anime fan getting ready to step out into the college world. Though I do admit I took a break from liking the series during its "too long for its own good" Johto season, I came back into it around the time Advanced Generation was about to pass it's half way point. I had relized after the fad had died and almost everyone was on the "Pokemon sucks and ruined anime" bandwagon, that the series really is a good show. It is a show that does exactly what it tries to achieve... Merchandising. It sold games and cards world wide, and showed no signs of stopping. At the same time it also achieved its other goal... to be a fun and endering kids show. It has a fun, happy show that doesn't set its bar to high or to low. It uses its average looking style to promote a cute and comedic appeal, while also using distinct but simple charcters to both be likable and promotable. It does everything it wants to do and has a blast doing it. As for why I really like it; it is cute and funny. I have alway been a fan of cute things, and Pokemon has just the right amount for me. Be it the relationships between all the different characters (both minor and major), or just the designs of some of the pokemon like Growlith and Pikachu, Pokemon has just the right amount of cute for me while not making my teeth rot of cavities. By adding a simple humor that most may find redundant to the core, Pokemon managed to make me smile with delight by adding a does of humor every now and then. The humor is both subtle and forward, which lets me know I can comfortable with whatever it does. Aside from cuteness and laughs I also like Pokemon's characters. Each have simple and too the point traits, but enough to make them stand out amongst themselves. They are not deep characters, unless you want to make them out to be, which can be done to a degree. One thing I like about the characters is that there storys and traits leave enough room for personal opinion (If that makes any sense). Ash can be as deep as you want him to be, and also just as shallow. It's all in how you want to interpret the series. Personally, I like to keep things simple. In short I like Pokemon because I enjoy the characters, cuteness, and subtle and redundant humor.

Air: This series is really just so athedically pleasing to the eyes, that I couldn't possibally hate it. The beautiful backdrops, and adoribale character design make the art score an "A+" in my book. But I don't just like this series because it looks pretty, I also like it because it made me cry. spoiler[I can relate to a lot of the character's emotions. I can relate to Haruko as she desperately tries to keep Misuzu from dying even though she is powerless against it. I can relate to crying so much that you just can't cry anymore. I can relate to all those perfectly normal human emotions, fears, and tragedies and some sort of level. which is why I was able to cry when Mizusu died. or when Michiru had to go away.] Though Air used a rather fantasy touch to its story, it still kept the real emotions that anyone with a heart could feel. So in short, I liked Air because I was able to like the characters, relate to them, and cry when all was said and done.

Princess Tutu: I was actually really uninterested with the series the first time I watched an episode on Anime Network on demand, having started with episode 4 and all. But after some time had passed I saw a great deal on the first two DVDs and decided "what the heck, why not give it another shot". I would have never expected myself to love this series so very much that after having finished both those DVDs in about two days, I had to rush right out and get the rest. within a month I had finished this series. It is extremely rare that I ever get so enthraled with a series. Princess Tutu had so many things about it to like, I wonder to this day how I could have ever disliked it. The characters are all so distint from each other, yet they all have a chemistry that works so well. The character I liked least at the start became the characters I ended up favoring above all the others. The story is well paced and every episode manages to move the plot every so greatly, be it a subtle push or a total revaltation, it does it well. As much as I love magical girl series, Princess Tutu, with it origional take on story telling and the mahou shoujo genre, is just to great for it to not be a favorite.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: I really don't have much to say about this anime except that from the time I started it to the time I finished it, I was in love with the murder mystery story. It was like Clue met Groundhog day. I would constantly try to look for clue and figure out what was going on. As I was doing that I was growing more atached to the characters. But most of all, I enjoyed just trying to play the mystery game. Whether or not I was close to the answer was irrlelevant, I just like playing along. I had so much fun with this series. The greatest thing about it though was that I refeused to even read game facts or spoilers from people who knew, because that would just ruin the best part about it. Aside from that though I just really liked the characters. Rena was so cutesy, yet she was also rather creepy too. I liked how each character could make me feel more than one way about them. I could be scared of them and also love them. Higurashi was a roller coster that even after some of the clues were solved I could still rewatch even now.

,,,,,, I haven't the energy to wright the least favorites. I don't even know if I have enough to even make 5.
Skylark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quote
Having watched all but the last episode of Busou Renkin, I can safely say that I completely agree with what you've said there.

Also, to add to my massive list (see previous page) lol, I finally got around to finishing Koi Kaze (and I'm a sucker for this kind of broken romance.. it's not linear, and it isn't your normal 'yay everyone is happy i'm happy lets all be happy' romance anime). It's definitely in my top 10 now.. and Death Note has probably taken over my number one spot. It hasn't finished yet, but with what has happened already, and what with the fact that it follows the manga extremely well (and improves on it in a lot of places) it is reasonably safe to say that it will be one of the success stories of the 21st century. Never have I so anxiously anticipated the release of an episode for any other anime. Especially after 24, where the plot (which was seemingly losing thread) jumped back to life, and more.. Actually I'm going to stop here and go watch it again. Smile

If you haven't already, go watch Death Note.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quote
I decided to rewrite my Top Ten favorite since time has already passed by and like everything, even favorite things changes... but even still, can you still like this place (ooops I'm getting carried away again, anyway ignore it, only a few people knows about what I'm talking about anyway Smile Smile). Anyway, this time, I tried comparing all the shows I've seen so far with the one in my ten and I can surely say that I honestly think that my listing is honestly sorted, kana... kana... :p

#1: AIR TV: Still no change at all, I truly love this show because it opened up my views on how to live my life of always giving up on things I have started. This show is on #1 spot not just because of its element like animation, music, character, story, etc. but because it made an impact to my life. Kamio Misuzu is the most inspirational character I've encountered, to top it all, I can relate to her past and present (that means she's my all time favorite right now). Despite knowing how childish her character is, that didn't bother me at all, it just shows how innocent and lovable she is. (innocent because she haven't learned about doubting a stranger, innocent because she haven't learned much about society, innocent because she's not allowed to be happy with someone, innocent because she hasn't learned much about life, innocent because she doesn't know the feeling of being loved (except at the end) etc.). All she knows is that she thinks she is a problem child and to cry her loneliness like a child.

(Talk about shows that changes other people :p)

If KeyAni's CLANNAD makes its appearance, I surely have no doubt it will push its way to #2 since I know how beautiful its story is. The high school life (which I really regret I didn't experience) the love life and up to the ups and downs of family life is portrayed beautifully. Anyway, if KeyAni pulls this one out without so much change (which is impossible anyway) then I have no problem putting this one on #2. Oh... there's this movie, but I can't really compare an hour and a half show with a TV series now, can I?

#2: KANON 2006: Yup, the 2002 version was orignally on my top ten, but KyoAni's adaptation pushed it towards #2 spot, plus I like how they manage to interact the girls together which is a big bonus, the music of course is a big factor too and the animation is superb. I don't have much complain about this show except... Ummm... I can't think of any complaints right now... :p. Anyway, one thing I can relate about this show is that I was adored dearly by my cousin (my father's sister's daughter) when I was a child (around 6 to 9 years old maybe?), I don't really know the reason why though :p

#3: Higurashi No Naku Koro ni: Call me weird or something, but I guess you won't because I'll be calling you weird too :p. I didn't understand myself why I put this one here :p. The show was really creepy, and it had little girls getting butchered Anime cry which I don't really like seeing, and I can surely tell everyone that this is one of the most scary anime out there and it's not just scary, it's quite disturbing... the sounds, the SFX of flesh being torn apart, the disturbing facial expressions of the characters, the creepy voice of the girls when they're in creepy mode. This could pass as one of the most disturbing anime ever made. Also, the seiyuu(s) are one of the best out there :3... But maybe the reason it came to this spot is because when I compared it with other show for ex. (Jigoku Shoujo which is #4 or Mahoraba which is #5 or Kaleido Star which is in #6), I can safely say that I like this better. :3

#4: Jigoku Shoujo: This anime is an episodic type. I bet you're wondering how in the world did this one come 4th on me despite it being episodic? Answer = Enma Ai's past story. How she endured everything she's been doing from past 400 years. Her story really touched me despite knowing all of it was for taking revenge. It makes me want to save her from her cruel fate. And also, that single episode about her past decided that this will be on #4 spot (talk about single episode blower). Plus she was voiced by Noto Mamiko :p

#5: Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~: At first, I thought this one would be harem type similar to Love Hina, but I was totally blown away by this show. The story might be simple but the way it was delivered to the audience is really powerful. And the characters are all wonderful. I especially like the president's weird kindness :3, if I've seen this one first before Love Hina, I bet this would have been inspirational to me and will be in my All Time Favorite.

#6: Kaleido Star: Forgot how many episode this has. But I can safely say I was looking forward to the next episode of it after watching each episode. I kinda like their performance, it gives me the excitement as if I'm watching it for real. Despite being a long series, I didn't grow tired of it, and in fact, I was looking forward to what will happen to the next episode. In fact this is one of my most anticipated show I watched. And I kinda like Hirohashi Ryou's acting :3... Damn, I always misunderstood Shiraishi Ryouko and Hirohashi Ryou :p

------------------ Anything from here on can be shuffled :p

#7: Fruits Basket: One thing I really love about this show is that angel called Honda Tohru :p. Her gentle smile that melts your heart with warmth, and I kinda like her devotion to what she believe is right and how she thinks about the Souma. And Yui Horie being the seiyuu help's a lot too :3

#8: Scrapped Princess: Ok... You can guess why this is here... Yup, I'm weak with characters that has a cruel fate that awaits them, because fate has also been cruel to me, that's why I can relate to those characters. But having a cruel fate doesn't mean you'll end up with a tragic end. That's because fate is something that each of us carve. It just happens that she's the scrapped princess but that doesn't mean that her fate is already sealed.

#9: Honey & Clover: I like this show for the reason that it shows the life of someone maturing. The looking for an answer for what you want to do stuff. For Morita's funny antics :p, I guess I don't have much to say with this show. All I can say is I really enjoyed this show much more than any anime out there.

------------------ Last but not the least... :3

#10: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: Pretty great show, I could compare this with other anime and still choose this because it's really fun watching this show but I just couldn't put it any higher than this... The animation was great, the story was great, the sound was great, the character was great except one... that's right that one character is the drawback. And the reason why I couldn't put it any higher than #10 is because of Suzumiya Haruhi herself :p. I don't like her super selfish attitude. Whenever she do something selfish, the first thing that comes to my mind is "What if I was that person who she just bullied?", then wonder what would I feel. You see, I have a habit of putting my foot on other's shoe :p

Honorable mentions: Sugar ~A little snow fairy~, I My Me Strawberry Eggs, Gunslinger Girl, Twin Spica, Haibene Renmei, SaiKano, Kiminozo...
I just noticed that the shonens from my list were eliminated and stuffs about wars are gone too... :p

*********************** END OF FAVORITE STUFFS

Now... for the Abomination of Anime Coalition :3 Ermm... I mean, shows I didn't like... that's "I didn't like" and not shows I hate :p (I don't really hate any shows...)

#1: Samurai Showdown: What the hell is this show anyway? Is it for the fan? Is it for someone who haven't played the game yet? Is it for entertainment? As far as I know, the show didn't land on any of that three question. What is this show anyway? No character development and the story... Erm... was there a story? The last thing I knew was they were fighting a bad guy for some reason which they didn't really explain. It's not funny, it's not serious too, it's not entertaining, and it's not making any sense :p... And then at the end, they showed most of the characters from the game which didn't really contribute to any part of the show :p

#2: ONE OVA: What in the world is ONE doing in this list? Well... I know they were made by the founders of Key/VisualArts... but this ONE didn't make any sense too... I tried watching it again but it still didn't make sense :p Actually... this ONE is trying to tell me no ONE will understand this ONE :p... Despite being a 4 episode OVA... nothing really happened... I just wish KyoAni will make a remake of this ONE spoiler[(miracles do happen:3)] that will make some sense... then again... I probably would have finished playing the game before that happens (I'm not playing ONE yet though since I'm quite busy with CLANNAD :p)... But I believe in miracles... that ONE day... ONE company will do a remake of ONE that will somehow tell a story :p

*********************** END OF DIDN'T LIKE STUFFS

Whew... So long...
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
#2: ONE OVA: What in the world is ONE doing in this list? Well... I know they were made by the founders of Key/VisualArts... but this ONE didn't make any sense too... I tried watching it again but it still didn't make sense :p Actually... this ONE is trying to tell me no ONE will understand this ONE :p... Despite being a 4 episode OVA... nothing really happened... I just wish KyoAni will make a remake of this ONE spoiler[(miracles do happen:3)] that will make some sense... then again... I probably would have finished playing the game before that happens (I'm not playing ONE yet though since I'm quite busy with CLANNAD :p)... But I believe in miracles... that ONE day... ONE company will do a remake of ONE that will somehow tell a story :p
I've heard others saying the same thing about the 4-episode version of ONE, but the three-episode version, which is classified as hentai, makes a fair amount of sense. Give that one a try and see if it's an improvement.[/quote]
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
dgreater1 wrote:
I've heard others saying the same thing about the 4-episode version of ONE, but the three-episode version, which is classified as hentai, makes a fair amount of sense. Give that one a try and see if it's an improvement.

Yup, I've seen it too, and it made more sense than the 4 OAV ONE :p but it still didn't make sense why the girls are spoiler[forgetting] Youhei... erm forget Youhei... it's Kouhei... :p Youhei is an unknown virus Laughing

Any... but in the topic :3
The Anime Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
Alrighty, I get to be a long winded fool here, so here we go.

Top 5

#5 DearS- And Here comes my hate mail, yes I love the demi-Chobits clone. And frankly for 2 reason, 1 The chars are beautiful, and 2, Sometimes the best shows are pure dumb fun anime. It requires nothing but to sit back and laugh at the gags and not even think about a plot. "It's ok Takeya, Ren has learned all about bath play watching porn... Ren KNOWS!" Anime catgrin

#4 Azumanga Daioh- The one could really go higher, depending on how I feel for the day, but this show really makes you go back and remember what it was like when you didn't have to worry about LIFE. (thats right kids, about to see my 10th year reunion for highschool) I still fear the Yukari mobile Shocked

#3 Ai Yori Aoshi- If you cut out most of the harem gags through the series, this is without a doubt, the most romantic anime I have ever seen. I remember welling up every time I would see the hurt in Aoi's eyes, or the smile on my lips when she smiled. I share a soul with Aoi I think.

#2 Super GALS- As of now, all of the references in this show are completely obsolite, but reguardless, I have watched this series repeatedly in a way only a true fan with a passion for a show can understand. If you haven't seen it, watch it, Thats a iron clad rule for ALL ANIME FANS!

#1 Trigun- Wolfwood > You. enough said.

Worst 5

#5 Labrynth of Flame-If you have ever seen this show, this should be in your 5, if it isn't, you are either need professional help, or an exorcist. I don't even know where to begin how bad this is.

#4 Babel II- You Diee Babel"... No I died watching what could have been at least something interesting into something that purely makes my skin crawl. I someone with a fully functioning brain had pieced this show together properly. Psychic fighting love drama that could have ben a great thing, instead, garbage.

#3 His and Her circumstance- I know your eyes are popping right now, but I put this show here for a simple reason. This show made me love itself so much for the first half, only to crush my soul with the fodder that is the last 1/4 of the show I hate you, you lazy, lazy storywriters.

#2 Voltage fighter Gowkaizer- Bad acting + bad story + bad characters + bad fan service= bad show. I feel the chunks rise in my throat.

#1 Fushigi Yugi Eikoden-How DARE they do this to one my fav shows (would be my #6) It's wrong, and the series should have been left alone. If only I could turn back time and stop someone from making this.
s2sari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:19 am Reply with quote
1) Kami Chyuu~
Everything about this anime is just so fluffy and nice and leaves you feeling good. ^0^ The episodes all have a cool ideas and it always leaves you wanting more =]

2) Haibane Renmei
I really loved the animation for this anime. And the really original plot with cool ideas in them. How people are reborn in eggs and not a mothers stomach. The plot itself intrigued me and it was really cool =]

3) Jigoku Shoujo
although this anime doesn't leave you feeling good like kami chyuu it gives off a whole different feeling. The moment when ai says "ippen shinde miru" It's soooo cool and leaves you feeling good. Watch it and you will know what i'm talking about ^0^ (it's like prince of tennis when the main character says "madamada dane" haha!)

4) Princess TuTu!
i guess this story was inspired by the story of the ugly duckling. The ballet scenes were really beautiful and has an intriguing story itself. It sorta teaches you how each one of our emotions are important. =]

5) Soul Hunter
I saw this a long time ago so i don't really remeber the plot too well but i loved the main characters charm (sorta? haha!) and whits. I love all the unique characters and the adventure to this story. If you want a cool adventure story this is it! ^^

6) The twelve kingdoms
this is a cool adventure story too. All the character development is amazing but they end it with lots of loose ends. Sad Even though that is true, this anime is truely amazing and is one of those must sees!

7) tactics
I saw this a long time ago too and don't really remeber the fine details but i love the main characters strong will and the relationship he had with the demon. =] this adventure story is sorta a mystery itself in a way and it always leaves you wanting more!

8)princess mononoke
This isn't really number eight but i didn't really know where to put it. This adventure story is really cool and original. All the characters seems to have their own charm that draws you to them and the story is really vibrant and keeps on going without dragging on. The animation is amazing and so is the background music. The overall anime itself is pretty amazing and is worthy of praise Anime smile

9)Ginban Kaleidoscope
I love watching and rooting for the main character sakurano tazusa. this anime got me to love watching ice skating and while watching this anime i cried several times ^^;;. Its an anime that makes you emotional with its roller coaster plot =]

10) Aishiteruze Baby
This anime is pretty realistic how the child in this story aren't super mature and smart for their age and portrays all the emotions of the people around the yuzuyu really well. I love the character development here and watching the relationships of everyone. Simply put a enjoyable shoujo anime =]

some other ones i really enjoy but duno where to put really:
prince of tennis, ghost hunt*, buzzer beater, cluster edge, cooking master boy, hikaru no go, hungry heart, whistle, kyo kara maou, stellvia, Utawarerumono , Tsukihime, Lunar Legend (TV), and more.

Anime i didn't like:

1) Alien nine.
A lot of people seemed to like this anime so i watched it. and I found it SOOO annoying. Sure the main characters are elementary school students fighting monsters but i found this anime VERY ANNOYING. why would the government in the first place make children fight those aliens anyways? and the main character is always whining and crying. and the main character doesn't grow or become stronger! she just stays in the same places crying and crying which is annoying to watch and ends like this. very not fun!

2) I Shall Never Return (OVA)
I watched this cause i thought the drawing would be pretty and for the sake of shounen-ai. but there was really nothing worth watching in this anime. I didn't find the art that nice nor the plot very interesting. There really wasn't an original plot either. I didn't find any depth or meaning to this anime at all and disliked it.

3) one piece...
I know a lot of people love this anime and i'm sorry. But i just don't like its really really really predictable story plot. And the fakness of it. Even though someone is blown up by this really big bomb a character survives without even a scratch. And even if there is a scratch they get better in like a day or so. I liked the energy that the straw hat crew has with its complex relationships and stuff but i just found this anime really annoying! ^^;; but this anime isn't really horrible overall. I mean they have really cool animation scenes and they came up with a lot of cool worlds and had a lot of cool ideas for the plot that really amazed me. It's just sometimes the anime annoys me SOO MUCH with its ultra fakeness and predictableness.

4) my sexual harrasment.
I really enjoy shounen-ai manga and anime but i really didn't enjoy this one. Its just sooo urksom because the characters themselves think so cruelly and twisted. Anime hyper i didn't really enjoy this anime

5) I can't think of anymore really.... plus whenever i watch anime i don't like i never really finish it and if i don't watch it all the way through i can't really judge it ^^;;
Sun King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

people should think twice before putting some of these titles on their 5 worst lists. Now in fairness I guess it is YOUR least favorites so maybe what really matters is just wether you liked it. Still though, it seems unfair to declare shows as bad just because theyre not meant for someone like you.

For instance, Kids shows. No kidding you didn't enjoy Hamtaro. Thats cause its aimed at little kids. The same can be said for Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Duel masters, etc.

Also, Shounen shows. Naruto, DBZ, etc "I didn't like it cause like it was all repetitive and went on forever..." Thats what shounen does. Its meant to be marketed to teenage boys, and its meant to be the kinda thing where you can toon in each day to watch the characters duke it out and if you miss an episode you arent lost.

I think you're wrong to assume that because someone doesn't like a few shows in a certain genre that either: (a) they must dislike all shows in that genre or (b) the show wasn't aimed at them, so therefore it's no surprise they don't like it.

For example, I rather like the early episodes of Pokemon (I sh*t you not) but I never liked Digimon or Yugioh. Especially Yugioh, I hate the premise of that show and the art style. Actually, I remember watching the Digimon movie with my little sister, and it wasn't too awful.

And I enjoy some shounen shows, like Bleach (up to a certain point) but never liked Naruto. And I think FMA is entertaining but I hate One Piece. So it might seem unfair to you if you like Naruto or DBZ or whatever and other people think they're terrible, but that's just the way it is.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Sun King wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

I think you're wrong to assume that because someone doesn't like a few shows in a certain genre that either: (a) they must dislike all shows in that genre or (b) the show wasn't aimed at them, so therefore it's no surprise they don't like it.

For example, I rather like the early episodes of Pokemon (I sh*t you not) but I never liked Digimon or Yugioh. Especially Yugioh, I hate the premise of that show and the art style. Actually, I remember watching the Digimon movie with my little sister, and it wasn't too awful.

And I enjoy some shounen shows, like Bleach (up to a certain point) but never liked Naruto. And I think FMA is entertaining but I hate One Piece. So it might seem unfair to you if you like Naruto or DBZ or whatever and other people think they're terrible, but that's just the way it is.

Hey youre right, you can say you dislike w/e you want. its up to you. If you have a legitimate reason for it like you seem to then sure. Im just saying, If you only dislike em for the reasons I stated them it would be more interesting to pick something else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 54 of 122