• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's Lost Property's New Anime to Play in Theaters in 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakashi12210

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that we're getting more, but I really wanted another 12-24 episode series and not a movie.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 am Reply with quote
This series always seems to surprise me in how it gets a localization and theatrical releases...
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
I actually wanted a third season rather than a movie but oh well, I guess it can't be helped. I'll look forward to this movie though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quote
mixed feelings, my bet would be the adaptation of the spoiler[evil copies of our heroine trio being the principle for this film as it was one of the exceptional moments in the manga series]
uhhiluvanime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote
You know, we waited 21 months to hear something about SoraOto Season 3 since they announced it in January 2012, and this is all we get? I really hope this movie isn't the finale. This is getting disappointing because the series is doing really well over in Japan. The way I see it, this movie will cover one arc and if we are lucky enough to get a 3rd season LIKE THEY SAID ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO, it won't matter much because they will just rush it. Not only that, Suu Minazuki is really getting lazy with the manga. It's obvious that he is gearing up for the finale, but come on. This is hands down one of my all time favorites and people need to get it together! I bought both seasons(even the later bluray release of Forte) and the movie, and while that support goes to Funi and not Kadokawa, they really need to give us what we want for being loyal fans and supporting the show.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
Clockwork Angeloid suffered because it was a movie, it just felt like they stuck too much plot into too little time. This is kind of cruddy news, but if the movie leads to a real season 3 so be it.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:51 am Reply with quote
I love this series and if they'll make anything new, series or movie, makes me giddy with pleasure Very Happy
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
hurray a 3rd batch season tv on theaters this time?

indeed give series quite good give keep remind whole kira yamato as tomoki still really ha ha ha me.

also seeing dub also quite good especially having that jamie marchi as yakuza's daughter really show stealer alert.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
Maybe they planned a 3rd season, but scrapped midway, and instead of making a whole season, they just made it into a movie.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:10 am Reply with quote
The story of Sora no Otoshimono is very dramatic, I think. It's one of my top 5 anime. ^^
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
I think the anime producers kept reading recent chapters of the manga and thought, "What the hell are we going to do with this?"

As of the most recent chapter, before the last break, spoiler[half the cast is dead, "erased" or just plain crazy]. It's still great and dramatic, sure, but it ceased being fun for me when spoiler[the harpies killed themselves. ] I still want to know how it all ends but it's lost its "comedy" genre creds.

As for what they could adapt for the movie, they still haven't done the second Chaos arc which I think is why the movie reworked the ending of the second season.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
I want to see Siren (from the manga) in the anime, I really hope the 3rd season to be released soon. ^^
Khooni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
this anime is the king of perverted comedy!! this is one of those ecchi shows that you watch just for the comedy!
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Another season would have been better but this is good. Hopefully this movie will have better animation than Clockwork Angeloid, or at least a movie level budget. Who knows, they may pull a Broken Blade and make a couple of hour long films to replace the 3rd season.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote
well if it is going to be a movie instead of a third season so long as they do not make the first 45 min a recap just like in the last movie either glad there is more to come Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1