• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, November 11-17 [2013-11-20]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yukimasuka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
is it me or is Op sales decreasing? 2.3mil for 3 weeks is very low for OP
holanio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for Koe no Katachi =D It's a great manga. A story that I could only imagine until now!!
simona.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I believe that the correct title for Hanagimi to Koisuru Watashi
is Hana-kun to Koi Suru Watashi. you should correct the entry in the database. [it's OK to write koisuru though it doesn't look so good; the problem is Hana-kun.]
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote
Nothing interesting this week. I mean, OP always appear on this class of list. And about Kimi ni todoke, I didn't know that the manga reach 20 volumes
Kutsu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
yukimasuka wrote:

The previous volume did 2.487.632 in the same time-frame so that's a 5.6% drop. Noteworthy but not alarming. I do think One Piece has peaked (but at such a high level that it was just impossible for it to sustain that eternally). When was the last time it sold 3 million copies in 3 months ? It used to do that quite regularly. Not anymore.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I decided to try an exercise and look up any manga on the list I wasn't familiar with. Some of them seem typical for their genres, some look especially interesting, and at least one has an anime adaptation in the works.

One manga I can't find any info on in English is Ishtar no Musume. All I can get is that it's historical josei by a Year 24-group shoujo artist, Yamato Waki. That's enough to get me interested. Tantalizingly little info Wink
yukimasuka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
yukimasuka wrote:

The previous volume did 2.487.632 in the same time-frame so that's a 5.6% drop. Noteworthy but not alarming. I do think One Piece has peaked (but at such a high level that it was just impossible for it to sustain that eternally). When was the last time it sold 3 million copies in 3 months ? It used to do that quite regularly. Not anymore.

I know its not much but the trend keeps decreasing. Im just hoping for the best, the current arc is so good so i dont undertsnad the decrease. Its not like the manga got worse or anything. It used to sell 2 million in just 3 days.

Maybe the newspaper campaign in japan and the current arc would bring the sales up next year. And the nytimes ad might help Op become the top selling in america.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1