• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona's Countdown Video Stream Shows 6 Locales

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
More interested in the mix of characters from 3 and 4 including P3P, P4:G, and Arena doing the countdown. What could it mean? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
More interested in the mix of characters from 3 and 4 including P3P, P4:G, and Arena doing the countdown. What could it mean? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Emerje

I think at this point the only thing we can truly say is that it has nothing to do with the first 2 games.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I think at this point the only thing we can truly say is that it has nothing to do with the first 2 games.

Unfortunately, as things look, it's most likely a 4 game. Not P5. Not anything for P3. Sigh.

I just like the setting, characters, and story of P3 so much better. And I actually played P4 first!
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I just think it's disappointing that it may be more 4. I like four, but half the fun of four was meeting and discovering the new characters and setting. I'd like to do that again with 5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

The story bought up in Arena is to be continued maybe....

Whatever it is I am looking forward to more persona, if its more form P3 and P4 its awesome.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
Very interesting that Theo is in the mix there. I saw a rumor of what sounded like a Vita port of 3, Persona 3: The Midnight. Wonder if that adds any credibility.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 am Reply with quote
I saw on a gaming website, which I think was Gamesradar, that one of the actors had put on their resume "Persona 4 vol 2," along with Personas 4 and Arena. Games have been leaked like this before, such as Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, so I would say another P4 is pretty guaranteed.
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote
Honestly, looking at the teaser site and the boxes, I always thought it was 3 pieces of news (o3o)
Like news about P4A2, Persona 5, and another P4 game but I guess that's too much to ask for I guess. But after reading the interviews with the director, I feel almost positive it's Persona 5
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
To hell with this....looks like we are getting a P4-2....ugh
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Unfortunately, as things look, it's most likely a 4 game. Not P5. Not anything for P3. Sigh.

Why would you think that when the characters in the video were pretty well split between P3 and P4?

I do agree with you on one things; I think P3 is better than P4. P3 made everything feel like a global threat from the very start that effects everyone for an hour. P4 was a local threat to one small town that only effected one person at a time under specific conditions. It only fealt like a bigger problem if you unlocked the proper ending.

Hopefully one of the games will explain the difference between the P3 and P4 shadows.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
Newest Midnight channel just happened, and it was all Stores and locations with the name "Vision" in them, along with some other TV sounding names. Hmm.

-edit- Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyFYpL8tdo
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1