• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice & Wolf, Boogiepop, Devil Is a Part-Timer Join Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
I really hope that there's going to be a version on consoles or portables because I would definitely want to import this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
This is a game that has the usual "licensing hell" situation and even if it becomes a DLC console game for the Japanese release, don't bother holding your breath for an official out of Japan release.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:52 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
This is a game that has the usual "licensing hell" situation and even if it becomes a DLC console game for the Japanese release, don't bother holding your breath for an official out of Japan release.

People thought the same thing about Aquapazza, but that made it over here. I'm not giving up hope.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:

Pretty sure all the rights are owned by Dengeki Bunko considering this is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and includes characters from their books. I don't see the licensing hell at all, the issue is instead one of profitability. It could appeal to anime fans enough for an Operation Rainfall type pick up.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
he meant stateside, like the characters that are there are licensed to different companies in the usa.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
>Supports only

Fuck you Dengeki.

Goddammit.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
he meant stateside, like the characters that are there are licensed to different companies in the usa.

I don't see why that would matter... they only have the rights to publish the LNs or release the anime. Dengeki still owns the characters and lesser companies can't tell them what they can or can't do with their characters.
EastN3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!! Why are all the good characters support in this game! I would rather play as Touma and Boogiepop than the playable characters they've shown so far. And while I'm at it, who thought Asuna was a better choice than Kirito? I don't even like SAO and I'm reeling. Whoever chose the roster in this game is really bad at his job......Despite this, I'll still buy it. Wink
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Asuna is in over Kirito because this game is basically Waifu Fighter: Dengeki Style. Same reason why Sadao is only support.

If Emi is Hataraku's playable rep I will flip a goddamn table.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
If Holo is the support to anyone but Lawrence everything is wrong in this world.

Also I'm disappointed they didn't go with her wolf form.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1