• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami Loses Rights to Run Inuyasha

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dredre215

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Why! I wonder what they will replace it with. should replace it with History's Mightest Disciple Kenichi. I bet the ratings will boom up in numbers.

Last edited by dredre215 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Well I guess this was bound to happen. After all, I can't imagine who would keep repeat watching it anyway, after they looped through it so many times.

dredre215 wrote:
Why! I wonder what they will replace it with. should replace it with History's Mightest Disciple Kenichi. I bet the ratings will boom up in numbers.

They're replacing it with Sym-Bionic Titan, if you were watching the announcements.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote
It definitely sucks that they couldn't give Inu a proper send-off, like they did for Cowboy Bebop. Instead, it gets replaced with... a not anime. Good for Toonami (since they've always accepted western shows), but not that good for us. Razz

And hey, next week, Toonami will land on my birthday (at least the part where they show Space Dandy), so Sym-Bionic Titan is like a bonus birthday present.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
How dare they! That's the only thing I watch, I love Inuyasha! I despise you Cartoon Network you always ruin everything!
Sana_chan5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
I'm actually glad they did... I was kinda irritated that they included it in the lineup after this recent Toonami revival. They've gone through the series a few times already. Its time for a show they haven't aired several times before.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Then how about finally airing Inuyasha The Final Act? They've been talking about it forever I don't know why they never aired it
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
#809816 wrote:
Then how about finally airing Inuyasha The Final Act? They've been talking about it forever I don't know why they never aired it
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
Well no big lose it was at a time I would fall asleep anyways
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:49 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised people are complaining about this. The show has been on rerun for over half a decade now. Just put that series out of its misery already.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
They could have at least aired The Final Act.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
I'm surprised people are complaining about this. The show has been on rerun for over half a decade now. Just put that series out of its misery already.

Its my favorite show in the whole world and I'm just upset that they're getting rid of it because I've been watching it forever
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Oh no, not the re-runs...! Honestly, I think its time they move onto something else. I stopped watching Toonami 'cause it always seemed that that is all it was: reruns. After you see the same episode of Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc... for the 20th time, you get kind tired of it.

I guess they only seem some anime was "television worthy" but I've always felt they've missed out showing some titles that would be great for TV. Now though, the licences have fallen or are probably in a mess... or the fans don't expect it and buy the boxsets.

...come to think of it.... Toonami never introduced me to any anime series since...eh gawds...forever ago... Probably 10 years.... I think its a sad fact.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
It.s gonna be weird not having it on anymore. I stopped watching it a while ago, but planned on going back to it eventually. Farewell, Inuyasha!

I wonder if we'll ever get the details as to why Toonami lost the rights? Was it by choice, was never offered, or something else?
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

People complained when Cowboy Bebop was finally lost too, despite it being on the air for nearly 11 years straight, and they still want to bring it back just so they can have it in HD.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
Ronin2081 wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

People complained when Cowboy Bebop was finally lost too, despite it being on the air for nearly 11 years straight, and they still want to bring it back just so they can have it in HD.

Which is still idiotic at best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4