• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Restored Nation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm really sad that Puyo Puyo Tetris isn't coming over. We get Senran-freakin'-Kagura over the Nintendo eShop, but Sega can't be buggered to give us this puzzle game that's 50% one of the most popular games ever made.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Today's game industry seems depressingly bifurcated at times. Independent studios labor to release one game a year, while high-level companies grow so unwieldy that they lay off a major game's development team right after shipping it.

Too true.

Super Heroine Chronicle: I remember one of the highlights they were advertising for this game was Kotono Mitsuishi voicing Eva, one of the original characters. I'm sure that much like Project X Zone, Japan will care little for this game and just consider it another crossover cash-in.

Atelier Escha & Logy: I'm consider shelving Rorona so I can play this instead, but at the moment it's not possible for me to buy any new games. I wonder if they plan on doing another Iris/Khemia-style Atelier in the future, where it focuses more on the story and battles, with alchemy as a backseat supplement (and maybe design another cool dragon character like Gray). I've fallen very far behind in the Atelier surge we've had in the last handful of years. I still haven't finished my first run of Rorona (the Gust glitch keeps rearing its ugly head), I barely started Totori and I don't own a copy of either Meruru or Ayesha. I'll say this: these games are definitely time sinks. XD

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
I'm sure that much like Project X Zone, Japan will care little for this game and just consider it another mediocre crossover cash-in.

Which is odd considering the game's full of younger-than-twenty girls. You know, the sort of thing they're into over there. In fact, because of that particular draw, I expect this will sell marginally better than Project X Zone, despite the latter having bouncing boobs (I know the real reason it didn't sell well, I just wanted to have a little fun with my post).
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm certainly looking forward to Dark Souls 2 and Atelier Escha.

There seems to be a mistake in the article, though (or maybe ESRB has finally decided to change its rating policy). Is Dark Souls 2 really rated T for Teen?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Where did Sega outright say no to Ishin US release. There is an interview with Nagoshi saying no to 5 and claiming that there are no plans for Ishin, but I can't find an outright no.

Plus with the rumors of Yakuza 5 from Atlus and the fact that there is a PS4 version that could be released, maybe there's a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yakuza Restoration does the same thing at the end of the Edo period and the dawn of the Meiji era, and it's not coming out here either.

Don't bet against that just yet. With a proper MGS sequel still in development hell, Sony will need something to keep gamers interested in the meantime. That's also why I think, if the rumours are true, that Sega and Atlus were reconsidering their stance against localizing Yakuza 5.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Where did Sega outright say no to Ishin US release. There is an interview with Nagoshi saying no to 5 and claiming that there are no plans for Ishin, but I can't find an outright no.

Plus with the rumors of Yakuza 5 from Atlus and the fact that there is a PS4 version that could be released, maybe there's a chance.

The rumors of Atlus publishing Yakuza 5 are false and based on wishful thinking. ATLUS is a subsidiarity of SEGA, it doesn't own or run Sega or own their IPs. I like to know what kinda of drugs fanboys were on when they came up with this notion that Atlus somehow has the rights to SEGA's IPs.

As for Ishin? Let's see, the PS4 version barely sold 50,000 copies( when the system has little titles worth buying in Japan as shown with its weak post launch figures of just 65,000) while the PS3 version sold nearly 200,000. What makes Playstation fanboys think this will be localized with those figures let alone how the 4th game was completely ignored in the states? Nothing. It's clear to me that Sony fans don't give two shits about Sega. They treat them like a niche publisher and rather have them take risks and lose profit at the selfish expense of "Only on Playstation" instead of seeing them grow as a company.

Thank goodness SEGA realizes this(which is why Nagoshi wasn't stupid enough to make Ishin PS4 exclusive) and THANK GOD that they'll finally become a different company come April 1st. A company with a NEW identity and NEW business strategy.

Last edited by GrilledEelHamatsu on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Yakuza Restoration does the same thing at the end of the Edo period and the dawn of the Meiji era, and it's not coming out here either.

Don't bet against that just yet. With a proper MGS sequel still in development hell, Sony will need something to keep gamers interested in the meantime. That's also why I think, if the rumours are true, that Sega and Atlus were reconsidering their stance against localizing Yakuza 5.

You think it. Because these rumors were fabricated by fans. Atlus has no jurisdiction over SEGA nor do have any say over SEGA's IPs.

SEGA brought out Atlus' parent company Index and has turned it into something else. Atlus is run completely separate from Sega.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was SEGAs parent company that out bought out ATLUSs parent company...

Anyway i imported Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Vita. s'alright. Though currently Sorcery Saga is stuck in my Vita's card slot so...
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
I thought it was SEGAs parent company that out bought out ATLUSs parent company...

Anyway i imported Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Vita. s'alright. Though currently Sorcery Saga is stuck in my Vita's card slot so...

SEGASammy Holdings,Inc is the fully wholly owned subsidiarity of Kabushiki Kaisha SEGA financing and managing all of SEGA's company divisions TMS Entertainment,Taiyo,Phoenix Resort,Sega Toys e.t.c. As of August 17,2010 it operates as a Holdings group. The 2003's merger lost relevance 3 and half years ago as SEGASammy no longer exists as a parent company and Sammy is no longer a separate company. It is fully owned by SEGA.

SEGA brought Index Corporation and is main brand Atlus.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I hate how Square Enix is handling Drakengard 3. They're being a real Square Enix about it. Oh. Wait. That's redundant. Seriously, they're distribution method on this one is to try and go after only the hardcore fans, but they're flipping them off by making the physical copy only available from Digital River, and if you or someone you know have ordered from them, you know it won't be pretty. On top of that, Digital River charges $7 to ship a single game and there's a good chance you won't receive it in a timely manner, if at all. Then there's the fact that they held the Japanese VO hostage with that pre-order nonsense. It's almost like they don't even want people to play the game at all. Because they think it'll do badly, they're going out of their way to make sure it does badly.
Brimfyre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
There were sequels to Willow?
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
DARK SOULS 2 DARK SOULS 2 DARK SOULS 2

I'm not normally one for online shooters, but I am considering checking out Titanfall.
thepsychogamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Man, I'm really sad that Puyo Puyo Tetris isn't coming over. We get Senran-freakin'-Kagura over the Nintendo eShop, but Sega can't be buggered to give us this puzzle game that's 50% one of the most popular games ever made.

It is kinda sad that Xseed is brave enough to ring over Senran Kagura and Akiba's Trip, but Saga dousn't have the balls to release a simple tetris game (let alone the Yakuza series.)
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The rumors of Atlus publishing Yakuza 5 are false and based on wishful thinking.
You mean like your talks of a Sega System. You're about as credible as an ant. You're the last person who should be making comments like this.
Quote:

ATLUS is a subsidiarity of SEGA, it doesn't own or run Sega or own their IPs. I like to know what kinda of drugs fanboys were on when they came up with this notion that Atlus somehow has the rights to SEGA's IPs.
I don't know....the drugs called real life? You know where they even said such a thing was possible. It was stated by the companies themselves that such a thing was possible.

Quote:
What makes Playstation fanboys think this will be localized with those figures let alone how the 4th game was completely ignored in the states?
I'm not sure how wanting the game released makes you a Playstation fanboy. I couldn't care less where the series is, it just happens to be a on the Playstion.

I get it, you're some crazy anti-PlayStation nut. Whatever, no one cares. The PS4 had a insane drop, whatever. No one cares.

What makes people think a PS4 release in the west would be good? I don't know what makes you think there will be a Sega console? It's probably not as crazy as that. It's the simple logic of this is the perfect time to release software on a software starved system.

Quote:
It's clear to me that Sony fans don't give two shits about Sega. They treat them like a niche publisher and rather have them take risks and lose profit at the selfish expense of "Only on Playstation" instead of seeing them grow as a company.
Again, no one cares about you're anti-sony conspiracy theories you have in your head. Every post you make is some big thing against Sony. No one cares and here is some complete stretching over really nothing. There is no "Sony fans" syndicate that has it out for your dear sega, because there is no one Playstion fan. Yakuza would probably sell the same in the west on any system, probably worse. It's a niche series. These are niche games. This has nothing to do with this made up BS you've created.

Quote:
Thank goodness SEGA realizes this(which is why Nagoshi wasn't stupid enough to make Ishin PS4 exclusive
Yes Nagoshi realized that the fans of the systems that he's only realised Yakuza games are actually really aginst him. What the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about western fans or Japanese fans? Make up you're mind and start making some sense.

You're damning (I guess all) Playstation fans as being against Sega for whatever reason. Saying thats why they don't deserve Yakuza on PS4. Then you say Nagoshi realized that. Yet he also had the game on the PS3. Why do you think he even made a PS4 port? Gee, I don't know.....maybe because they realize the that's where the audience will probably move unto eventually. You do realize that more Yakuza games will be coming to PS4 right? They are in PS4 development now you do know?

Quote:
THANK GOD that they'll finally become a different company come April 1st. A company with a NEW identity and NEW business strategy.
More of this made up stuff. So it's April now. It was Feb or March last time. Nothing happen so I guess you have to keep pushing it back. I guess you're use to this, since you've been saying this same BS since 2011.

Quote:

BTW, SEGA will unveil the new RINGEDGE based digital console at CES 2011.
Yep that happen right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2