• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DMP's ROBOT

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicogrande

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
I miss having more ROBOT. Crying or Very sad

Anyone know any information about future releases?
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quote
From what I've heard, there is little chance of seeing anything beyond the third volume. From that point forward, it'll have to be the Japanese releases, I'm afraid. I do have links to volumes 4-7 in this post. If you need any ordering info, drop me a PM.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
I recall reading that the Japanese version is no longer coming out either. I think #7 may have been the last one.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Robot has been a series that I have always wanted to pick up. For me, I am someone who isn't able to keep up with consistent releases (like Bleach), so this news that there won't be any more volumes is somewhat good. (However, I may end up liking it too much, like you guys, and want more volumes.)

Hopefully, I'll be able to read volume one by the end of May. (Happy Birthday to me...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shugotenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote
robot was definitely a personal favorite. But the Japanese releases are a little on the expensive side for me right now.

On another note, I have developed a love hate relationship for DMP over the last year and half. First they dropped robot at volume 3 and then it looked like Enchanter was going to go to the same graveyard. But now it looks like DMP licensed another 3 volumes of Enchanter with volume 4 already being out Very Happy
Darrenm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Robot is coming back:

Quote:
Here’s the first of a pair of press releases from DMP, heralding their new Platinum line:

For Immediate Release: DMP goes Platinum at Anime Expo 2007!

Gardena, CA, June 15, 2007 – Wanna know what the deal with Robot is? Curious as to what the folks on the DMP side of Digital Manga Publishing have been up to? Want to hear about DMP’s new imprint, DMP Platinum? Be sure to check out the Digital Manga Publishing panel at Anime Expo on Saturday, June 30. We will be unveiling our new line of books and our flagship title.

Here are 3 hints as to what it is:

1. The characters of this manga have been known to moonlight as insurance agents and have been spoofed on hit TV shows such as Family Guy.

2. This manga has been, will be or is currently in negotiations to be made into a major motion movie picture.

3. If you haven’t heard of it, you have been living under a rock for the last 30 years.

Anyone know what their new flagship title is? I can't figure it out Crying or Very sad
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea what this new flagship title could be. 1 and 2 kind of make me think of Trigun.... which is already coming out and will be finishing before too much longer (I think). And its not anywhere near 30 years old.

I suppose the "what's up with Robot?" could be suggestive of Robot coming back, but I don't see anything explicitly stating that.
Darrenm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I think that mentioning it in the Press Release for their new "DMP Platinum" line is a pretty big hint...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
It seems likely, yes, but it still doesn't actually say its continuing. It's possible they will simply explain why they aren't continuing it.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It's possible they will simply explain why they aren't continuing it.

Oh, looks like I was right.

DMP Panel report wrote:
The panelists apologized for the cancellation of the remaining volumes of the Robot manga, describing the title as "stuck in licensing hell.”
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote
I know that this might be a dumb question since I'm more than likely out of the loop on this one but can someone tell me who the author of robot is and a link to the page regarding robot on ANN's website since searching has yet turned up anything for myself.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
I know that this might be a dumb question since I'm more than likely out of the loop on this one but can someone tell me who the author of robot is and a link to the page regarding robot on ANN's website since searching has yet turned up anything for myself.

just put DMP ROBOT in the search engine and it should come up with the review.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/robot-gn-1

But in the future, always check the publication's website. There are links to various company's website in this thread: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15636&start=0
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1