• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghibli's Takahata to Present Kaguya at France's Annecy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haderach8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Takahata had nothing to do with the making of nausicaa what is the articles author thinking...
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
haderach8 wrote:
Takahata had nothing to do with the making of nausicaa what is the articles author thinking...

The ANN encyclopedia and IMDb both list him as the producer for Nausicaä.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
He had. As a producer. (He's also the co-founder of Studio Ghibli alongside Miyazaki)

I found an interesting tidbit relating to a few other Ghibli works when reading his page on Wikipedia;
Quote:
In 1971, to make the animated feature Pippi Longstocking, Takahata left Toei Animation along with Yoichi Kotabe and Hayao Miyazaki and transferred to "A Production" (present: Shin-Ei Animation), an animation studio founded by his former superior, Daikichiro Kusube (楠部大吉郎 くすべ だいきちろう?). They travelled to Sweden to acquire the animation rights and to hunt for locations, only to be turned away at the door by author Astrid Lindgren. Though their plan was frustrated, Miyazaki found inspiration in the fortified town of Visby and would later set both Stockholm and Visby as the stage of Kiki's Delivery Service.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
haderach8 wrote:

The ANN encyclopedia and IMDb both list him as the producer for Nausicaä.

Even I knew that coming into this.

Blanchimont wrote:
He had. As a producer. (He's also the co-founder of Studio Ghibli alongside Miyazaki)

I found an interesting tidbit relating to a few other Ghibli works when reading his page on Wikipedia;
Quote:
In 1971, to make the animated feature Pippi Longstocking, Takahata left Toei Animation along with Yoichi Kotabe and Hayao Miyazaki and transferred to "A Production" (present: Shin-Ei Animation), an animation studio founded by his former superior, Daikichiro Kusube (楠部大吉郎 くすべ だいきちろう?). They travelled to Sweden to acquire the animation rights and to hunt for locations, only to be turned away at the door by author Astrid Lindgren. Though their plan was frustrated, Miyazaki found inspiration in the fortified town of Visby and would later set both Stockholm and Visby as the stage of Kiki's Delivery Service.

There was a post about that here too.
http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/animation-anecdotes-156/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1