• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo to Offer New Game Consoles for Emerging Markets

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
It's not about new hardware it's about games and the wii u has all most nothing. Since it came out they have had maybe 4 or 6 games that were made for it maybe Nintendo needs to just stick to what it's good at Razz the 3DS
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
No third party wants to develop for the WiiU, the system doesn't have the horsepower to run next gen games, it's an anemic console that needed more time to be refined instead of launched before the PS4 and Xbox One. They need a true console to compete with Sony and Microsoft. They also need to treat third parties better, Nintendo hasn't been very good with third parties since the SNES days.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
New console for emerging markets??? What does that really mean. Sounds like they are dropping out of direct competition with Sony and Microsoft.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
I played the Wii-U demo at GameStop before it went on sale. The controle was a huge brick that's about the same size of the console itself. There are times during gameplay that I had to touch & turn the control. I was very complicated & mediocre. I decided to not buy it. This is just proof on why a bad idea should stay a bad idea.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
What... Confused

I'm not quite sure what this means.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu May 08, 2014 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
New console for emerging markets??? What does that really mean. Sounds like they are dropping out of direct competition with Sony and Microsoft.

China lifted the console ban this year.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

I didn't realize that Nintendo were even trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft anymore.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
It's not about new hardware it's about games and the wii u has all most nothing.

New Super Mario Bros U
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Game & Warrio
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Nintendoland
Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, and X all incoming.

How is that "almost nothing'"? PS4 really only has Ground Zeroes so far, but it's not an exclusive, sadly.

Quote:
I didn't realize that Nintendo were even trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft anymore.

That's because they're not.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
It's not about new hardware it's about games and the wii u has all most nothing.

New Super Mario Bros U
Super Mario 3D World
Game & Warrio
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Nintendoland
Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World

How is that "almost nothing'"? PS4 really only has Ground Zeroes so far, but it's not an exclusive, sadly.

Quote:

I'm sorry but Nintendo games are not like they used to be, Smash Bros will turn out amazing but it not going to sell me a WiiU at all. Nintendo games are total pushovers in difficulty compared to third party games. Sonic Lost World was meh and I didn't like Bayonetta.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
PS4 only has Ground Zeroes?

An awful demo is not the highlight of the PS4 even if it's Japanese made. I know you're trying to skew things here, but the PS4 has more to offer then a terrible MGS game. It will also most likely continue to offer games from third parties and Sony themselves that won't show up on the Wii U.

All I see on that Nintendo list is the same old boring crap that didn't move the Gamecube. X and Bayonetta are about the only interesting Nintendo published games there.

Yet I sure hope the Wii U has more games then the PS4, because Christ it better as it's been out longer. It would be pathetic if it didn't.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
The Wii-U is Nintendo's most epic failure since the Virtual Boy.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I'm sorry but Nintendo games are not like they used to be, Smash Bros will turn out amazing but it not going to sell me a WiiU at all.

A Nintendo console isn't going to be your thing then, I guess.
D288

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:
I played the Wii-U demo at GameStop before it went on sale. The controle was a huge brick that's about the same size of the console itself. There are times during gameplay that I had to touch & turn the control. I was very complicated & mediocre. I decided to not buy it. This is just proof on why a bad idea should stay a bad idea.

You must have TINY hands then Rolling Eyes
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
What... Confused

I'm not quite sure what this means.

It means they're thinking of making custom hardware depending on region. Mostly because a LOT of other countries just aren't as wealthy as the US, the UK, Japan, the European Union, etc. Admittedly he says it's not that solely about price, but it is definitely a huge factor. MS is just putting the XB1 as it is over in China and I doubt its price tag is going to do it any favors.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:

New Super Mario Bros U
Super Mario 3D World
Game & Warrio
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Nintendoland
Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World

Quote:

Most of the games on your list our games that were or like the games for the 3DS there not pushing the wii u or showing it off at all i'm talking about games like bayonetta 2 and other 3rd party games not Nintendo re hash junk Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3