• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 5-11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:06 am Reply with quote
I expected Kill la Kill to get a 10k+ first week, I suppose I was wrong.

Putting that aside, Love Live! had a huge boost on amazon, its now estimated at 76k+ on stalker, if this goes on, it has a chance at becoming the best selling volume of the 21st century.

Wixoss is also still doing rather strong, I'd say it has a chance at reaching 10k. Those custom decks sure are powerful extras.

Both versions(amazon and non-amazon) of JoJo are up on amazon now, and as expected, its performing rather good. If this doesn't reach 10k, i'll eat my non-existent hat.

Gochuisa and Haikyuu!! also had some improvements in their rankings, both went up by roughly 15-20%.

This week looks to be moderately busy, The Persona 3 movie will come out and its estimated around 30k, But aside from that movie and Hoozuki v3, we won't have anything reach 10k+ next week. Mikakunin de Shinkoukei v3 will probably get a 5k+ first week, the GJ-BU@ OVA will also come out on BD, and it might reach 5k. As for the other series released this week, aside from Yowamushi Pedal v6, they will probably all sell less than 4k.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:49 am Reply with quote
My copy of the Kuroshitsuji BD box and Noragami vol.3 are in there somewhere! =D
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
I haven't been paying too much attention to sales recently, but those are not good numbers for Kyousogiga, are they? Damn, good show, not enough attention.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I haven't been paying too much attention to sales recently, but those are not good numbers for Kyousogiga, are they? Damn, good show, not enough attention.

Yeah, they're awful numbers. Like so bad, you'd reconsider giving the director or writers something to work on. Yamakan recovered, but it took him three years.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

Yeah, they're awful numbers. Like so bad, you'd reconsider giving the director or writers something to work on. Yamakan recovered, but it took him three years.

And then he made WuG..

But it(kyousougiga) could have been profitable trough other means, so who knows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1