• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Anime Gets Xbox One Game by 5pb.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
This looks interesting. I still don't own any current gen consoles so we'll see what happens. I like Psycho pass so hopefully they don't mess it up. Its a series that would make a perfect video game if you think about it
ScottyWired

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
Forgot to mention the New Edit version of PsychoPass airing in five weeks time! (22 episodes converted into 1 hour episodes with brand new footage to cover the gaps)
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
ScottyWired wrote:
Forgot to mention the New Edit version of PsychoPass airing in five weeks time! (22 episodes converted into 1 hour episodes with brand new footage to cover the gaps)

Well, I guess that the premium edition I just got of Psycho Pass is useless.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
Why does 5pb almost always ignore the Sony side?
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Why does 5pb almost always ignore the Sony side?

There was no mention of the title being exclusive to Xbox One. It was just announced at an Xbox One launch focused event.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
^ I'm just saying, in the past 5pb titles were almost always xbox exclusive.

I guess I just find it strange because Xbox has never been all that successful in Japan.
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
[quote="jmfsilenthill"]^ I'm just saying, in the past 5pb titles were almost always xbox exclusive.

I guess I just find it strange because Xbox has never been all that successful in Japan.[/quote]

Microsoft just pays them I guess, it's not that strange really.
Tiggyz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Japanese game companies giving the Xbox One some love. Though I doubt this game will be coming to North America, which is sad since I'm getting real tired of playing FPS Confused
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:

I guess I just find it strange because Xbox has never been all that successful in Japan.

Yeah, it's a weird situation. A couple of smaller JP companies like 5pb and Cave were favouring the 360 over the PS3 in the early goings of last gen due to the PS3 being so much harder to develop for initially. At least that was how I'd heard it. Could well just be MS throwing money around though.

Current situation is very different though, as PS4 is easier to develop for than Xbox One, so if they're going to release something on Xbox One, really the sole reason they'd have not to also release on PS4 is if MS threw money at them to do so.

I know consoles in generally are pretty screwed in Japan right now, but even as lacking as PS4 sales have been there, it's still all but guaranteed to be more 'successful' than Xbox One ever will be in the region.

For games like 5pb produces, I'm going to guess western sales will be a non-factor... as they're not likely to release outside Japan.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Microsoft did say thaat they had some Japanese games coming to XO. Question is if its a permanent exclusive or a timely exclusive?
Tiggyz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:

Yeah, it's a weird situation. A couple of smaller JP companies like 5pb and Cave were favouring the 360 over the PS3 in the early goings of last gen due to the PS3 being so much harder to develop for initially. At least that was how I'd heard it. Could well just be MS throwing money around though.

Current situation is very different though, as PS4 is easier to develop for than Xbox One, so if they're going to release something on Xbox One, really the sole reason they'd have not to also release on PS4 is if MS threw money at them to do so.

I know consoles in generally are pretty screwed in Japan right now, but even as lacking as PS4 sales have been there, it's still all but guaranteed to be more 'successful' than Xbox One ever will be in the region.

For games like 5pb produces, I'm going to guess western sales will be a non-factor... as they're not likely to release outside Japan.

I could be wrong but isn't the Xbox One not region locked?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Tiggyz wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:

Actually you are correct, the xbox one is completely region free.
http://www.primagames.com/games/ryse-son-rome/news/xbox-one-officially-goes-region-free
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I doubt MS is putting out money for visual novel games.

The licensing fees and production costs are probably cheaper then Sony's. MS isn't going to charge developers tons of money to make and publish games on the system there. For games that would be lucky to sell 10,000 that probably means a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
In Japan Xbox is considered for hardcores like VNs.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Tiggyz wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:

Yes. All current consoles(not made by Nintendo) are region free. That's not gonna do much good when you're importing titles whose gameplay consists mostly of reading walls of text though.

I'd like to see these released in english of course, but it seems unlikely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2