• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Upcoming Manga Releases You're Excited For!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futago_101

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
As the title states, what upcoming manga releases are you excited for (this year/next year)? The manga releases can be upcoming volumes or series. It can also be releases you're planning on getting, are going to get, or just happy it'll be released stateside.

For me, I'm excited for:
    Assassination Classroom
    D. Gray-man, Volume 24
    Nisekoi, Volumes 4+
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for the upcoming Nisekoi volumes and Neon Genesis Evangelion omnibuses, as well as Urusei Yatsura, whenever that comes out.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to the last volumes of Strobe Edge and Otomen, both of which are coming out soon. I've been following Otomen since I was in high school.

Further in the future, I can't wait for the final 2 volumes of The Flowers of Evil, which just ended in Japan. I don't want to spoil myself by reading scans, but I really want to find out how it ends...

I'm also eagerly anticipating new volumes of "What Did You Eat Yesterday?" The first one is just so good!

I really want the next volume of Kimi ni Todoke as well. It took them long enough to spoiler[kiss, dammit!]
Touma

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I am not really excited about any right now.
If I should hear about a rescue of some of my incomplete favorites, such as Aria, Lucky Star or School Rumble, then I would get excited. But that is not happening yet.

But even though I can't say that I am excited I am looking forward to the next volumes of Fairy Tail, Soul Eater and Soul Eater Not!
I think that those are the only on-going series that I am reading.
Actually, I am probably one volume behind on each because I have been borrowing them from the library. The last volumes that I have read are Fairy Tail 36, Soul Eater 18 and Soul Eater Not! 2. (EDIT: Volume 3 of Soul eater Not! is being released in July, so I am not behind on it yet.)
So I should say that I am looking forward to the library getting the next volumes that they do not have yet. The library catalog says that they are on order and I have them reserved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
More What Did You Eat Yesterday? always has me psyched, getting another one later this month! It's Fumi Yoshinaga so it's a no brainer

Master Keaton was quite a surprise to me, but I am looking forward to it as I did immensely enjoy the anime. I never thought it'd come over here as Naoki Urasawa insists he wrote it all by himself and not the other guy (yeah, that kind of makes me dislike him as a person)

Black Rose Alice is by the author of After School Nightmare, which was weird and awesome so I am quite looking forward to that. I also read her X-Day, which I also enjoyed.

Then I have a list of random things that I can't remember why they're on my future hit list, but they are: Angel of Elhamburg, Opus, Seraphim, Ubel Blatt, I think two (Opus and Seraphim) were Satoshi Kon maybe? It looks like Elhamburg was the Aki one, and I forget Ubel Blatt's reasoning, it just looks good or something? And yeah, Assassination Classroom is also something I will need to check out. And if One-Punch Man ever gets print, that too.
Ensof

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Lone Wolf and Cub is one of my top five all time series, so I'm looking forward to the imminent release of New Lone Wolf and Cub. Being a fan of Naoki Urasawa's works I also can't wait for Master Keaton. I've seen the anime, so if it is at least as good as that I'll be very happy. Three more up-and-coming series I've heard good things about: Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Ajin and Yokokuhan.

As for concluding series, the final volume of Bokurano is out later this year. I read the whole thing as a scanlation years ago, never thinking that it would be licensed, so it'll be great having the complete series on my shelves. Next year we'll be seeing the conclusion to Blade of the Immortal, which I first picked up about ten years ago and other readers as long ago as 1997. Ikigami is a fine series that'll be concluding this year - I'm not sure why Viz delayed the final volume so long, as it came out in Japan in 2012 I think, but as long as I get it I'm not complaining.

Among the ongoing series the standout is volume 11 of MPD Psycho, a title I was certain Dark Horse had dropped. Here's hoping that it isn't another three year wait for volume 12.
bones2039

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, I always look forward to the next volume of Fairy Tail for some reason. Usually, by this point I'm ready for a series to end. Negima, Bleach, Naruto, and even Inuyasha I was ready for them to end once they topped the 30 plus volume mark. Not that I didn't still enjoy them but I sort of was ready for them to end. For some strange reason it hasn't happened to me with Fairy tail yet.

What I'm really excited for however is the fact that Ranma 1/2 is finally being released in its unflipped form by Viz. I own the whole series in its flipped form but I have been buying and will continue to buy the unflipped editions. I was sort of tempted to re-buy the Viz Big Edition of Inuyasha that is unflipped, but I just don't have the same fondness for it as I do Ranma.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited that Viz made it to the LeafGreen and FireRed arc of the Pokémon Adventures series! (Especially now that Chung Yi is defunct now.) Only two more arcs to go, or about seven volumes, until we have the complete series thus far on this side of the lake! The first volume of that comes in July!

I'm also stoked that Yen Press finally put a title and release date out for the manga adaptation of the Yellow Scarves arc of the Durarara!! anime. Titled Durarara!! Yellow Flag Orchestra, the first volume is due out in September and the second in November.

I'm also looking forward to the eleventh volume of Chi's Sweet Home due out in August (After a good year since the tenth!) and the twelfth volume of Blue Exorcist due out in November!
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
partysmores

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait for the Monster omnibus collections, finally an affordable way to collect the series...
NeburPT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote
August will be a great month for manga as there will be three new series that will be printed in english for the first time: Terra Formars, Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars, in the translation)and The Heroic Legend of Arslan.

The first, as many will know, is a great sucess in Japan, and as the anime adaptation is starting in July, I believe, I do hope it picks up in America, since being primarily a Seinen reader the english market needs desperately new licenses in that demography (particularly Viz, which has been sitting on things like I Am a Hero for ages). Terra Formars kinda reminds me of the Paul Verhoeven movie Starship Troopers, but the enemies are ceirtanly stranger here, and the humans are also turning themselves against each other here, making room for political intrigue and over the top melodrama and cheesy sacrifices in a manga that appears to take itself seriously only to create a strange (and intended) comedical effect amidst all the gore and violence - really love the feeling that no one is safe here, much like in Gantz (really dig the art as well).

Shokugeki no Soma was quite a surprise to me, making its "food battles" always a fun read despite me not being really into the subject matter - it's just a pretext for it's shonen fuelled madness. Thanks to it I've also discovered another "food manga" which I really enjoyed, but that will probably never be licensed due to being more than 15 volumes long and a seinen: it's called Bambino!, so look it up if you're interested in the genre.

The Legend of Arslan has also been a good surprise, since I'm not that much of a fan of Silver Spoon, and prefer to see Arakawa in this type of genre (she's only drawing the story though, but I'm loving the art and the surprisingly dark and serious tone at times, like FMA).

Aside for these new series, there's a new Dorohedoro (13) coming out in August as well, new Gantz (32), Vinland Saga will conclude its first major arc this year, and Bokurano is ending in September.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Everything you listed plus im looking forward to a bunch of other stuff including Lucifer and the biscuit hammer later in the year, ajin, Ubel blatt looks cool so im gonna check that out when it hits (october i think) and of course volumes of series im already collecting.

Dorohedoro and berserk top the list in anticipated titles i have on the go, id like to get current with one piece too but i think my priority after getting up to date with sidonia is gonna be to get my vizbigs capped off. I feel that when i get a bit of money for manga i stress over what to get and i should just focus down stuff and plan ahead.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited for Tonari no Seki-kun this fall! Good thing Vertical is going to be releasing the volumes with all the chapters intact instead a collection containing the best chapters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1