• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation September 2014 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
via TRSI / FUNimation.com / Walmart.com

Last edited by WTK on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

September 30
- Steins;Gate: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) | combo? | $54.98
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU3Y5CG

I missed out on the LE (those sold out way too quickly) and there was no incentive to buy the two regular parts for me so the Complete Collection is what I've been waiting for. Hopefully its a combo, but it seems a little cheap for a combo? Especially for a well received show.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
Steins;gate, oddly priced and oddly named if only it gets neither SAVE or Classic addition. So they're expecting another run for it? But it's too cheap for that as the MSRP should be around 69.95.

So it's 5 more than a Classic release but not one? Confusing to say the least.

Baka and Test season 2 gets a SAVE release? Its seems to have been sold out for awhile so wouldn't that be something of a success? Wait, they only did a LE releases of it then it went straight to SAVE?

Wow or well, I'm not sure which...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan, part 2 is coming out sooner than I anticipated, not that I am complaining. Also, when I saw Steins;Gate, I thought it was the movie; a bit disappointing.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for a complete collection of Steins;Gate for a while, so it'll be that and AoT part 2 for me. Very Happy
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I was lucky enough to snag the Steins;Gate LE about a year ago totally by chance. Had been looking everywhere for a while and then, out of nowhere, it appeared in stock at rakuten.com. Not only that, but it was brand new and priced at $45 (whereas on ebay it was going for $100+ used).

Either way, I'm intrigued to see what kind of packaging this will get. I highly doubt it'll be like the Shangri-La and Shiki S.A.V.E. sets; which were basically just the original LE chipboard boxes repacked with a removable S.A.V.E. paper on the back cover. If it is, I'm going to stop buying LEs from FUNimation since they now just end up being released for a fraction of the original cost later on down the line.

That being said, Attack on Titan Part 2 is the only thing I'll be picking up (already have the Baka and Test Season 2 LE set). Here's to hoping we get an AoT chipboard box to put each part's LE set in. I would not be happy to have spent $100+ on two separate, free-standing digibooks that don't even seal shut and have the art books permanently glued in between the hard plastic disc trays.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Either way, I'm intrigued to see what kind of packaging this will get. I highly doubt it'll be like the Shangri-La and Shiki S.A.V.E. sets; which were basically just the original LE chipboard boxes repacked with a removable S.A.V.E. paper on the back cover. If it is, I'm going to stop buying LEs from FUNimation since they now just end up being released for a fraction of the original cost later on down the line.

I am assuming Shangri-La and Shiki were special cases because they sold poorly, and Funimation simply discounted the price of the left over sets. I do not expect Funimation to offer discounted LE sets if the original run sells out.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:12 am Reply with quote
Hello and welcome to Nightline. Our top story is the continuing Evangelion crisis over at Funimation headquarters. It's day 172 and there's still no word from Funimation or Khara as to any resolution to this conflict.
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm still heartbroken I wasn't able to get the Steins;Gate limited edition. They were supposedly long gone before I even got into anime back in October.

It's too bad because I'm not a fan of the slip cases both parts are in. They have a frickin spacer at the bottom, and it makes the bottom of each set look beat-up. I always keep slip cases as well, so I'm not keen on throwing them out.

Depending on the packaging for this complete collection, I may look into buying it. Seems oddly cheap though.

As for anything else, obviously the part 2 of Titan. I don't think we'll be seeing an artbox to house both parts, but I wonder if Funi will do something differently considering the disaster of the first part LE. Hal looks really good as well. I'm glad I finally know the release date. Might just pre-order it.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI / FUNimation.com / Walmart.com
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope Fuinmation isn't serious? Are they really not going to give Attack on Titan an art box?

I know it's not final, but their own website even have all the "special" features listed...no art box is listed.

Why are they treating this show so much different?

1st the digi-pack (which I don't have an issue with) but seems like an issue with a lot of people in terms of design

2nd...having the art book glued into the digi-pack (which is just annoying)
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quote
Well, it looks like I'm getting the Collector's Edition from Funi's store. It comes with a Titan Ender Art Box!

And hot dayum does that look like a gorgeous release.

Quote:
We knew in our early planning stages that we wanted something special to use for the Attack on Titan Part 2 packaging cover. We wanted something that would be a companion piece to the original Key Art featuring the Colossal Titan and Eren used on our Attack on Titan Part 1 packaging. But we also wanted to take advantage of plot lines in the second part of the series, as well as feature characters not previously showcased on the Part 1 cover. What would be better than to show Mikasa facing off against the Female Titan?

So we reached out to the animation studio, and worked in development with them to create something unique! We sent a rough sketch of our concept and our source inspiration images to the studio. They then supplied us with their sketch of the concept, and after a few small tweaks, presto, we have this amazing piece of artwork that no one has seen before to use!

The Attack on Titan Part 2 Collector’s Edition is EXCLUSIVE to the FUNimation.com Shop. Collector’s Edition includes the following:

Attack on Titan Ender Art Box mock (artwork and configuration are subject to change)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
So you have to get the Collectors Ed to get the Artbox? The Limited Ed doesn't come with one? Ouch. Its a little disappointing, but I'm glad to see that they are offering one.

The collector in me still almost makes me tempted. I wrestled with the desire to pick up AoT, but when its all said and done I found the show to be good yet not quite enough for me to fork out money for it. I guess I'm weird. But hey, I'm glad to see Funi offering these types of products and at a price that I would normally be ok with paying too.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
Oh hot diggity, it's a pop-up book! a damned sexy artbox!

I had been feeling unsure about buying the collector's editions, but this settles it for me. The tchotchkes are plenty nice and all, but I'm an old school American fan, so to me, a fine artbox is the king of features. (Good production materials and commentary are the Queen) I like that cool blue trim and the bespoke image a great deal. I adore Mikasa and the fight with the female Titan has been my favorite part of the manga thus far, so that artwork is about as close to perfect for me as they could probably get.

I just hope that it doesn't have the quality control problems that some of their other premium sets have been hobbled by. A success with this could be a good way to steady consumer trust.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4