• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Say, 'I Love You.' Film's Special Trailer With One Direction's Song Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
A One Direction song for a Japanese movie? That's weird. I'm actually interested in the Sukitte ii na yo anime, but I don't know when I'll get around to watching it.

Oh, by the way, this article says, "The 1th volume came with an original anime DVD." Shouldn't it be the 11th volume?
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Is the girl supposed to be afraid of being kissed? I feel like it was very unconvincing and bad acting during the kissing scenes.

The song is an odd choice, being more intense in theme than what it's representing, but I still think it works. If they wanted a more current song, they could have gone with "Why Don't We Go There?", which has multiple interpretations within the same theme and and is exciting in tone, "Something Great", which sticks very closely to the theme of this movie while being in line with the apparent quiet nature of it with its sound and is just a bit more emotional, or "Through the Dark", which emphasizes being protective of the one you love (which is what this movie begins with, as far as I know). "Happily" is an okay choice for this movie, but it wouldn't be my first choice if they had to go with One Direction.
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in watching this film since the anime was pretty good! Smile

I'm not a fan of the One Direction song though.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
the Yamato doesn't has the hair.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
One Direction is getting popular in Japan.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1