• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Steins;Gate Novel Tells What Happens 6 Years After Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
I've been hyped since I saw the site open last night, can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the novel.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
This is surprising! I thought the anime anyway ended on a good note. I'm kind of worried that they might mess it up. But I'm still hyped for this even if the designs look quite different... It will be a long time, until this comes out in English, if ever though. Maybe it will also get a fantastic anime adaption?
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
This is surprising! I thought the anime anyway ended on a good note. I'm kind of worried that they might mess it up. But I'm still hyped for this even if the designs look quite different... It will be a long time, until this comes out in English, if ever though. Maybe it will also get a fantastic anime adaption?

Well to be fair the anime may have ended on a good note but the movie capped of the series beautifully. One of the only anime movies of a series which is worth watching and actually adds to the series imo.

I'm thinking that this won't be a series and will be more of a post-script for the characters. I feel like there isn't that much room for any more time-travel plots in the series - since the entire point of S;G is that in the end they reach the only timeline without a bad end. The movie takes advantage of the only other plot possible really so I don't really know what Suzuha is doing in it - I would have been happier if she hadn't returned.

Who knows how this will turn out though
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Wow, that sub headline in the front page has two big spoilers. Way to go ANN.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Well to be fair the anime may have ended on a good note but the movie capped of the series beautifully. One of the only anime movies of a series which is worth watching and actually adds to the series imo.

I'm thinking that this won't be a series and will be more of a post-script for the characters. I feel like there isn't that much room for any more time-travel plots in the series - since the entire point of S;G is that in the end they reach the only timeline without a bad end. The movie takes advantage of the only other plot possible really so I don't really know what Suzuha is doing in it - I would have been happier if she hadn't returned.

Who knows how this will turn out though

I still haven't seen the movie, I was waiting for an official release. But I might have to cave, Steins Gate is one of my favorite anime after all. I hope this is basically just a post script, it will probably serve to tie Steins Gate to Robotics Notes, especially since it contains more Nae.

Also ANN, the name of the shop where Suzuha works is romanized as Braun. Since that is what Okabe always calls Nae's father. It's based off of the TVs he sells.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Also ANN, the name of the shop where Suzuha works is romanized as Braun. Since that is what Okabe always calls Nae's father. It's based off of the TVs he sells.

Specifically because of Karl Braun, the German inventor of the CRT, who lent his name to CRTs in Germany and Japan. So as you say, there's a correct transliteration to Braun here. (Karl Braun, like other Germans, would almost never have his name translated to Charles Brown when speaking of him in English.)
xdavos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
I really like S;G but it should have ended with the Movie (or even the VN/Anime)...
And sadly no character-design by huke Anime cry

Well maybe I'll give it a chance...
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
If YP or someone licenses this, I'll probably buy it. Worst comes to worst, I'll assume it was just a cash grab and non-canon. I enjoyed the anime enough that I don't mind making a blind buy or two to support them.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'd be interested in reading this, if it ever gets translated.

Loved the anime and movie, probably my favourite series.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Eehehehe Daru has a neck beard and...is that a trilby? (admittedly, I'm not good at identifying hats).
unitmikey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, I miss Kurisu's long hair Sad

Maybe if it's good they will make some sort of anime adaptation? I want to see the movie still, so let's all hope someone licenses it.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Art style so bad lol.

huke come save us.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling Mayuri would end up doing that.

angelmcazares wrote:
Wow, that sub headline in the front page has two big spoilers. Way to go ANN.

ANN warned us of Naruto spoilers a day or 2 ago. Guess it goes by popularity.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
Art style so bad lol.

huke come save us.

How is the art style bad? I see nothing bad about it. If anything, it looks more mature than the original, which is a good thing because the characters in the story should have matured.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
Art style so bad lol.

huke come save us.

Yoshida's art is nice, out of all the official manga designs his is one of the better ones. Plus he's been the only one they keep to do artwork outside of Huke for more then one project.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2