• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Stream Aldnoah.Zero, Persona 4 the Golden Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Cool! I was just watching the Aniplex live video on YT as well. Can't wait for Aldonah.Zero.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes so glad they got Aldnoah Zero! Best mech anime this year (since buddycum).

Persona 4 Golden going to Aniplex will be odd, hopefully its JP Voices on BD this time, since Sentai somehow failed with that.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I totally expected them to get Aldnoah. Persona 4 seems kind of odd, since I'm pretty sure Sentai got the first one. But Aniplex has Persona 3, so maybe it makes sense.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Uuuugh. I knew it was coming but Aniplex getting P4G is still crap news. At least it will be on Crunchyroll this time around.

Not sure when it starts airing, but it's interesting that they didn't mention Black Butler here. Wonder if it will be announced later, or if that means Funi got the rights.
PCDOS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Persona 4 Golden going to Aniplex will be odd, hopefully its JP Voices on BD this time, since Sentai somehow failed with that.

Pretty sure that was licensor mandated, so Aniplex will probably put out BDs with a JP track.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Not sure how anyone thought there'd be a chance any company other than AoA would get the license when it's an Aniplex production to begin with. Any anticipated Aniplex show will always be there's, now.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

P4 was also an Aniplex title, so for the lack of JP voices on Sentai's release, you can blame Aniplex for that one.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
yes I'm hyped, really really hyped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTrJsXQL1F0
CapnMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Really happy about P4GA. Just last night I was looking at Crunchyroll and Aniplex's websites to see if they were going to stream it.

I guess we know what Crunchyroll will reveal as its next Summer Simulcast show tomorrow.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised by these pickups by Aniplex USA.

I also hope Aniplex USA lets Funimation have the new Black Butler.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nionel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
PCDOS wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Pretty sure that was licensor mandated, so Aniplex will probably put out BDs with a JP track.

Yeah, it was a reverse importation thing, now that the US and Japan are in the same region, releases like the original Persona 4: The Animation would actually be cheaper for someone in Japan to import from the US than it would be to buy all the individual volumes in Japan, since their home video prices are significantly higher, and it's also likely the reason why Aniplex's US releases are so expensive.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Sentai released an anime without an original Japanese vocal track? Really?! Did it have any other track besides English? That is unbelievable!

Is P4Golden a stand alone story, or does someone need to see P4 first?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Sentai released an anime without an original Japanese vocal track? Really?! Did it have any other track besides English? That is unbelievable!

Is P4Golden a stand alone story, or does someone need to see P4 first?

A retelling except with a new character and new scenes added. Assuming its starting from the start of the game/anime itd be pointless to watch the original persona 4 anime.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Just the Blu-ray. The DVD was still billingual (English and Japanese audio). Sentai had no control over the situation though. Aniplex required them to pull the Japanese audio from the Blu-rays.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
The part I hate about being able to watch Aldnoah as a simulcast is the part about the date it will start simulcasting. If it starts simulcasting the day after its July 5 debut, I'm game. However, if it starts a week later, even if they start streaming the 1st 2 episodes, I'm not happy because I don't like delaycasts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1