• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chaika - The Coffin Princess Anime's 2nd Season Previewed in Promo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
Siiick looking forward to it
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 am Reply with quote
The Climax huh? yeah i knew it would have a conclusion this is BOnes animating it afterall. Happy to have a conclusion but sad as no future episodes will be produced but better to have a conclusion than leave it open and on a cliff hanger.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this one. And, seeing the PV reminded me of the spoiler[Viivi=another Chaika] reveal. Had totally forgotten that.

As for this season being the ending, I do wonder what the OVA that's coming out next March is going to be about. Though, it is probably something that we won't (legally) be seeing in the west.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Looking forward to this one. And, seeing the PV reminded me of the spoiler[Viivi=another Chaika] reveal. Had totally forgotten that.

As for this season being the ending, I do wonder what the OVA that's coming out next March is going to be about. Though, it is probably something that we won't (legally) be seeing in the west.

It will be either an after story or more likely a fan service type episode.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

If the series is licensed, most of these ovas are included in the west, usually as bonus features, or straight up added to the episode count so I don't know what you mean exactly.
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote
Nice. Looking forward to this. Chaika was my second favorite anime last season, after No Game No Life.
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:32 am Reply with quote
I'm happy we'll get a conclusive ending that will likely follow the LN. Very few anime have that luxury.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
Hyped! Coffin Princess is almost everything I look for in an anime. Serious fantasy, interesting characters, not a whole lot of fan service, cool action, and cute girls.

Probably why it's one of my top 10 favorite series. So I'm happy it's getting a conclusion and that's it's following the novels. That's one of the best things about BONES, and their adaptions.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
I'm happy we'll get a conclusive ending that will likely follow the LN. Very few anime have that luxury.

Same thing here. I haven't read the LN yet though but definitely looking forward to see how this turns out to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
DAT ADOPTED SISTER!
normajean19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, the key visual certainly has all of the show's greatest assets on display. I can't wait to see how the show ends!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Can't freaking wait!
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Cool. The first season was good (especially considering I don't like studio bone very much), so I'm up to watch more. To me the series felt like an early/mid 2000s fantasy anime, but I liked that.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

If the series is licensed, most of these ovas are included in the west, usually as bonus features, or straight up added to the episode count so I don't know what you mean exactly.

I've noticed that some OVAs that come with a manga/novel volume don't always see release in the west. In Chaika's case, the OVA is said to be coming out with the 12th volume of the novel series, which is out next March.

As for people mentioning the anime following the novels ending...does that mean the 12th volume is the last one? Since it's being released next March, will this series be one of those where we get to see the ending in the anime before the novel?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

I've noticed that some OVAs that come with a manga/novel volume don't always see release in the west. In Chaika's case, the OVA is said to be coming out with the 12th volume of the novel series, which is out next March.

As for people mentioning the anime following the novels ending...does that mean the 12th volume is the last one? Since it's being released next March, will this series be one of those where we get to see the ending in the anime before the novel?

The author stated that the anime and novel will end around the same time. I do believe the 12th is the last volume. The ending will be shown in anime first I believe. As such the endings will probably be the same but have some small differences.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2