• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, August 10-16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
You had me scared there: for a moment, I thought AoT #1's reign of terror was over.

This is probably the smallest # of Attack on Titan volumes/spin-offs on the list in quite a while...
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Food Wars! on the list for a second week and managing to raise its position. A very good start & could become a real hit once the anime is inevitably announced & begins airing.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
I want to clear out my doubts: Why there is no One Piece in the best selling manga list. Not even for once I see it. Does Viz or any publishers published in the first place? And specially is it has something to do with 4kids's influence?
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
^One Piece was last seen back in June, it was volume 71. Viz have the rights. And, volume 72 is going to be released on the 2nd of September. So, there hasn't been another volume to have in the list.

Yeah...I'm bored right now. Trying to kill some time, as I'm waiting to watch a soccer game that starts at 2.30AM. Laughing

On this week's list, I'm always happy to see Fairy Tail's newest volume in there.

AoT volume 1 took its biggest dive...from what I've noticed. I'm mainly checking out this list each week, just to see if it's still in there. In the last couple of weeks, it had actually crept up a couple of spots.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
Ah, Now I get it! Thanks a lot!!
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
That is so great that Crimson Spell 5 debuted at number one. The Force is strong with Yamane-sensei. And congrats to SuBLime for picking up such a strong title.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
That is so great that Crimson Spell 5 debuted at number one. The Force is strong with Yamane-sensei. And congrats to SuBLime for picking up such a strong title.

I hope it encourages them to try more license rescues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1