• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Claymore Manga to Publish 'Grand Finale' in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Damn, another series to end. I'm sad about this since I do enjoy Claymore so I hope the series will end well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Marzan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting this. I hope it gets a good ending!
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Well not surprised, the series had to end at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
As expected, the series was wrapping up.

It got kinda wonky for a while, but it's gotten better recently, so it seems that it'll be ending on a good note.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Bit of a downer but frankly I don't mind. I adore Claymore, and i'll miss it greatly when it's gone.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, its slow moving plot that makes glaciers seem frisky is finally reaching a conclusion? I seem to remember chapters where characters did nothing but stare at each other... with really nice line work sure but to actually hear things are happening... that happened... possibly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one to find it odd?

At least I was hoping for another major arc around the guys who were experimenting on the claymores...
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
#822531 wrote:

At least I was hoping for another major arc around the guys who were experimenting on the claymores...

then there was the other continents that outside of that island. not to mentioned where clare's handler originally came from since he's a double agent. hopefully i kinda hopped it would end a little something like the anime's ending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
#822531 wrote:

then there was the other continents that outside of that island. not to mentioned where clare's handler originally came from since he's a double agent. hopefully i kinda hopped it would end a little something like the anime's ending.

yeah, that's what I'm talking about, since they created the claymores to fight for them... I find this odd
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Sad it will end but i hope we get a anime adaption out of it which stays true to the source material, the manga. The orginal anime was good but it could be done much better and if they will adapt it into an anime we could get a 50-75 episode anime. Very Happy
unitmikey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, most people following Claymore were probably expecting this despite the expansive world which they have yet to fully discover. I will be a sad reader when Claymore ends but I would rather have it not be drawn out (more than it already is). What's going on in the latest chapters does seem really cool though, so bring on those last set of volumes.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I entirely disagree that a new anime adaptation "could be done much better."

I do agree that a a new anime adaptation could be done which would have a latter part that is more true to the source content in some of the scenes involving Pieta, and thus allow for a smoother continuation into the post-Pieta content. However, the anime adaptation we have absolutely got the look, tone, and storytelling of the original right, stuck very close to the original manga through episode 18, and at least somewhat close through episode 23.

And, frankly, the writing in the existing anime is better. Although the "seven years later" content in the manga has lots of huge twists, the plot progression is quite slow because of all of the focus on epic battles and it largely lacks the compelling human element which made the first major arc of the series so involving. (Hell, the manga actually never produced that effect anywhere near as strong as the anime did.)

So yeah, while it would be nice to see the later parts animated, I wouldn't be in favor of a relaunch.

I am also actually glad to hear that the manga is going to be wrapping up soon, as I have felt for a while now that it is running out of steam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
#822531 wrote:

Yea this is real odd, he built all that back story. I thought I read somewhere that this arc will end and a new version of Claymore or something is coming out or maybe I'm wrong
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Whoa another long running series ending, dang! Oh well, it's looking pretty good where it's heading now so I think the ending could be good. It seems in 2015 I will need to find quite a few new series to read since so many are ending in 2014
Cloudkicker101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I love the claymore anime to death. Been dissapointing that there hasn't been another anime adaptation of the anime yet. Even though I loth and hate reading, I was even going to go ahead and actually purchase the manga of the series. Its a surprise to me that im actually going to go ahead to purchase this manga because of how much I loth reading. Thats how much I love this series!

I really do hope they bring out more of this particular anime and one would think so because it must be performing somewhat decent seeing how funi has never tossed it to the save line for as long as its been out and it came out on bluray later on for a semi decent price.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2