• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Manga Cookbook Makes An Appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
endallchaos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
jeje This guy is the only late night host that actually makes me laugh. It's to bad they're taking him off the air. Confused
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
lol, my sister actually gave me that book for christmas, funny to see it here haha
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The is why I love his show. He always does off the wall or just plain unexpected things.

It is sad they have cancelled his show. At least he already has a new one he is heading to. (I think it is actually a game show.)
beka.shane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
It's to bad they're taking him off the air. Confused

Crusher X303 wrote:
It is sad they have cancelled his show. At least he already has a new one he is heading to. (I think it is actually a game show.)

They didn't force him out or cancel him. It was his decision to leave. He wanted to leave 2 years ago but they gave him a new studio as a bribe to stay. He's already begun filming Celebrity Name Game (which apparently starts September 22 somewhere).

The Late Late Show will continue, with James Cordren as the host (sometime next year). I will miss Craig very much.

As for the topic at hand, it was an awesome surprise to see that book and I bet it has something to do with his recent trip to Japan (which he loved, btw).
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Like everyone else in the thread, really going to miss his show.

And Thompson as Geoff is/was great with him too Very Happy
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
As I have a passing interest in the culinary arts, I have to ask: is the Manga Cookbook actually any good apart from its novelty value?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
That's interesting. Craig Ferguson,the Scottish-born talk show host is showing a cookbook that's based on anime and manga foods. I wonder if the Japanese have seen this on Youtube yet?
manga_university

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
As I have a passing interest in the culinary arts, I have to ask: is the Manga Cookbook actually any good apart from its novelty value?

Let me start out by saying first how thrilled we were Craig Ferguson told us that he'd help us get our cookbook onto his show. Since we were already huge fans, having him take a look at our book was a dream come true.

As for the culinary value of the book, well... It's been reviewed favorably by Gourmet Magazine, the San Francisco Chronicle and several other newspapers, and the American Library Association named it a "Top 10 Paperback" for young-adult readers.

The book teaches traditional Japanese home-cooking. The ingredients are easy to obtain, and the recipes are for the most part simple to prepare.

Hope everyone who hasn't seen the book before decides to check it out!
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I love this show!!! Everything about it makes me die of laughter! Especially last night when he got a letter from a nine year old and he told her about how he spent his times in Scotland standing next to a Potato instead of going to Summer camp. That was the funniest thing I've heard in the longest time! But the one time I end up going to bed early after his monologues is the one time he actually shows something anime related! Man what rotten luck on my behalf!
OtakuMommy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
For those wondering, it's a good little cookbook with some great, simple recipes in it. A hit in my house is the karaage recipe. Unless I set some aside for myself, it's gone in 20 minutes. Smile
manga_university

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
OtakuMommy wrote:
For those wondering, it's a good little cookbook with some great, simple recipes in it. A hit in my house is the karaage recipe. Unless I set some aside for myself, it's gone in 20 minutes. Smile

Thanks for the praise, OtakuMommy!

Sometimes in our house (yes, we live in Japan Smile ) we dip the karaage in Thai chili sauce. Makes for a great crossover dish!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1