• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Evil Within Game's Launch Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
The Evil Within a.k.a. Psycho Break was actually broadly promoted in the 2014 Tokyo Game Show............... by Xbox One Exclamation

And this is how Japan gets it:

The Evil Within Edited In Japan, Gore Mode DLC Let’s Players Get The Western Version

How The Evil Within Looks With Japan’s Gore Mode On And Off

• In Japan, by default The Evil Within is edited to be a CERO D game. However, if you reserve The Evil Within and are 18 or over, you’ll get a DLC code for Gore Mode which restores elements in the Western release that were cut to keep the rating in Japan 17+ instead of adults only.

Director Shinji Mikami explained, the reason why The Evil Within has two modes is the game would have been rated CERO Z and he wanted The Evil Within to have broader distribution.

When a bomb detonates in the edited CERO D version of The Evil Within enemies stay in one piece…

… but in the Western version and with Gore Mode DLC explosions are more graphic.

If you take out an enemy with a headshot their head stays on in the edited version of The Evil Within…

… but in the Western version or if Gore Mode is on headshots are more graphic.

Another change is corpses are covered in the edited version of The Evil Within while the Western version and in Gore Mode corpse are exposed.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
I was initially pretty disappointed by the game, but everything after chapter 3 has been awesome.

It feels like a different game after all the intro stuff is out of the way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1