• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takahiro Sakurai, Kana Ueda, Ami Koshimizu Join Gangsta. Anime's Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote
More casts huh? I really wonder if this will become a Winter or Spring show now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
Just got the 4th volume yesterday; easily one of the best seinen series around. Hopefully this anime will give it the publicity & attention it deserves.
sugarwater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
More casts huh? I really wonder if this will become a Winter or Spring show now.

They've been announcing cast members monthly in @Bunch since the anime announcement. There was still no date mentioned at AGF the other weekend so it's highly unlikely to be a Winter show.

The drama CD seiyuu event (which is kind of the focus of the middle of that page photographed for the article - why no mention?) on December 7th is the next big date for the series, I know a lot of Japanese fans are going in the hope of further anime news (and to buy the limited goods) - perhaps then?

Unrelated:

*Galahad Woehor
*Nic

What is it with ANN and not being able to Google names that have been confirmed and romanized for years?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
sugarwater wrote:

*Galahad Woehor
*Nic

What is it with ANN and not being able to Google names that have been confirmed and romanized for years?

I in fact Googled every single name on this list, and these were what popped up. I do not have access to Viz's official release.
sugarwater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
sugarwater wrote:

*Galahad Woehor
*Nic

I in fact Googled every single name on this list, and these were what popped up. I do not have access to Viz's official release.

What sources are you referring to when you do these searches? I type "gangsta galahad" into Google and literally the first result has the correct spelling of the character's name. Every GANGSTA. cast announcement here on ANN has had errors in character names since the service started reporting on these @Bunch pieces. It's an absurdly minor issue in and of itself, but one that your site continues to perpetuate.

I am not referring to VIZ's release (though they do adhere to Kohske's preferred spellings, with character names at least - not some other stuff). The Shinchosha volumes, various merchandise, official sub-sites /announcements and Kohske's personal social media accounts all feature multiple references to the author's preferred writings of character names.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1