• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Figma Ninja Slayer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
The segmented torso makes it look like he has boobs.

Also, David, I was wondering what your opinion on how it seems like ToQger is being skipped for Figuarts is? I've seen a number of people speculating that they're going straight from Kyoryuger to Nininjer. It won't be the first time they've at least partially skipped a team (only the main 3 Go-Busters were released), but since they started, I don't think they've completely skipped a team.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea there was talk of that; guess it's surprising. You know, a lot of these shows live or die on their very early episodes and I could barely stand ToQ' s first. It felt like it skewed even younger than sentai normally does, and it didn't help them that they were coming up the week after Kyoryuger. I didn't really dig the first couple eps of Gobus either, seemed bland, I jumped off.

(I tuned into Gobus at the end and it was actually pretty good!)

Anyway, if the popularity isn't there, why make a bunch of expensive toys for folks who really liked it, right? I get it. Also that suit design, what were they thinking...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
So this whole anime is basically a giant middle finger...towards anime fans not in Japan?

Ok, fine. See if we ever buy anything of yours again. Jerks.
mattb82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
So this whole anime is basically a giant middle finger...towards anime fans not in Japan?

Ok, fine. See if we ever buy anything of yours again. Jerks.

that might be jumping to conclusions a bit. from what I understand it is more about exaggerating and poking fun at cultural misconceptions mainly about ninja. one thing that leads me to believe they are not interested in insulting foreign fans is that they are trying to include them. they made a english dubbed book trailer, they have officially translated parts of the novels and manga into english and they premiered a teaser for the anime at anime expo in Los Angeles
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1