• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sailor Moon Crystal to Air on TV in Japan, Starting in April

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 am Reply with quote
Good. Now they can make some money to specifically spend on this horrible reboot, and go back and remake the trash they allowed to be seen by the public. Even the "updates" for the Bluray are becoming mind-numbingly stupid, like giving Usagi Minako's hair. And one thing the Blurays will never be able to fix is all the stupid decisions they decided to go with later on in the first arc. It's just so unfortunate how things have come. Thanks, Sakai.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:07 am Reply with quote
This is probably the most significant news SMC's had in a while. It'll likely get a fancy normal-people broadcast slot with the BD fixes, and airing weekly. It might help the series get some more fans, but nothing will fix the show itself.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:14 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Now the Japanese will be able to experience the joys of SMC.
Poor bastards...
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
#810558 wrote:
Even the "updates" for the Bluray are becoming mind-numbingly stupid, like giving Usagi Minako's hair.

http://crystalcomparisons.com/act7/
http://crystalcomparisons.com/act8/

Not only that but they killed the joke with creepy Umino which makes that scene not as funny now. Sad
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
The Black Moon Arc was one of my favorites from the previous Sailor Moon, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope they managed to put up a proper development cause the Dark Kingdom arc was utter crap in Crystal.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:06 am Reply with quote
I like Sailor Moon Crystal! And I've been a fan since at least 18 years ago! I love the manga the best, though. Toei's old version is equally a mess, just in different ways. I think it's a nice tribute for the manga's 20th anniversary.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:25 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they're airing the fixed versions. The non-fixed versions had some laughably bad animation. Hopefully this will also lead them to animate the whole manga.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
People still care about SMC? Lol.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
Well, at least Japan will get to enjoy Sailor Moon Crystal with its animation in its improved state. Smile Here's hoping it fares better on TV.
904thehero1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
As someone who did not watch sailor moon growing up. I have to say I like crystal more then the original. It feels like people hate it because of the nostalgia factor of the original series that is nothing like this new adaptation.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
904thehero1 wrote:
As someone who did not watch sailor moon growing up. I have to say I like crystal more then the original. It feels like people hate it because of the nostalgia factor of the original series that is nothing like this new adaptation.
Not in my case. I watched Sailor Moon for the first time in 2012 and loved everything about it (well, except R, but S made up for that big time). Crystal just sucks IMO, mostly because it's so painfully boring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lt_Ripley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote
I hope this means they will get new sponsors and money and translate it in better quality.
konqueror

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
...too late?
kh_gal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
This is good news! Hopefulliy it will inspire Toei to animate the entirety of the manga.

So my question is this: why is everyone hating on SMC? Does it not follow the manga? I watched the first few episodes and while the animation was a tad clunky, and the transformations were distracting (cheap 3D) I didn't think it was that bad.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it'll actually be able to retain a better viewership in the long run. The NicoNico stream pretty much lost 68% of it's viewership from episode 2 to 12 (not counting episode 1 since that was available to watch for free for a longer period of time).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2