• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Hayate the Combat Butler: Cuties Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Not a surprise since they licensed the other Hayate anime that had come out shortly before it. Would love to see them get the 2nd season(the one animated by JC Staff).More Hinagiku is always a good thing though.

Too bad it likely won't be dubbed anytime soon.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
This one I actually liked more than Eyes
GEO9875

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Will this include animax dub?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
Will this include animax dub?

I don't know if Sentai would want to go that route.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Hoping someone can re-release the first season of Hayate in a box set or two on BD along with the first season - from what I've heard, the first season was the strongest out of all the anime adaptations, so I'd probably only want to pick up the first season.
consignia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
FlamingFirewire wrote:
Hoping someone can re-release the first season of Hayate in a box set or two on BD along with the first season - from what I've heard, the first season was the strongest out of all the anime adaptations, so I'd probably only want to pick up the first season.

Hayate is a weird series in terms anime adaptations, each season is very different. The first season, incidentally my favourite, is very loosely based on the manga and is more a gag series so fans of the manga dislike it. The second season is closer to the manga, but has hangovers from the first and feels like a compromise. The third is completely original, but is very much in the tone of manga, more so than anything before it including the movie. The fourth, the one this article is about, is adapting bits and pieces from the manga from all over the show.

As such, it's difficult to say just watch a single season, they are all quite standalone. You could probably watch them all out of order, except 2 needs to follow 1, and be none less the experience for it.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope they don't dub this. The show's history with animation is already butchered beyond repair.

Honestly, I'd love to see a new series bridge the gap between the ending of the second series and the newer episodes.

I can't really tell who the target audience of this show is anymore. Unless you read the manga, you probably won't know who half of the characters are... but if you do read the manga, you'd realize that those characters aren't being adapted the same way...

So.. I don't know wtf is going on anymore lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1