• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Town Where You Live's Seo to End Half & Half Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
What?! Faaack. Why....
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
to focus on Fuuka
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised, the story basically was only to be one week in the characters lives.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why the article doesn't mention that Seo also worked on Suzuka.
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Suzuka isn't as good ........

Kimi no Iru Machi is much better. Fuuka deserves a name as well. Glad he's ending Half & Half, he really's gotta focus on Fuuka because that manga is doing well right now after the big rage around chapters 40. Seo knows how to break and make a manga.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
LaughingElbow wrote:
What?! Faaack. Why....

Because the story is over. There was a one week limit on their second chance at life, in which they were to decide which of them would live and which would die. The most recent chapter ended the night before the deadline. The story is just done...

In my opinion, Half & Half has probably been Seo's best series to date. The fact that it is shorter may be part of the reason. There was no need to pad the story with meaningless gag chapters or unneeded and totally incomprehensible complications. It makes for a tighter and more satisfying story.

I am very curious to see if the ending is different from the one-shot. I hope so...

As for Suzuka, it was a very good series, but the characters were less developed and more one-dimensional than the characters in Kimi no Iru Machi. However, it didn't have the late story forced and logic challenged relationship complications that KnIM did.

So far Fuuka is a mixed bag. Early on it was shaping up to be my favorite of his works, but he had to go and ... well, if you are reading it you know what I mean...

Princess Lucia is just plain fun!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I had the feeling that it will end around this point in the story. The serialization follows the 1996 one-shot pretty closely (albeit it expended some elements, but for the most parts it was 1:1 remake), so the 2 MCs' 1-week "trial run" ending soon, the series was expected to end as well.

Unless it was to be more Death Parade-like, in which when the story for the current MCs ends, the story of the next ones is starting.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:30 am Reply with quote
Great, hopefully now he can focus more on Fuuka and forget about Fuuka 2.0 to put his focus on the girl who deserved it, Koyuki, and ship her with YUU!!!!!!!!!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
Having read manga series, Suzuka had the distinction of being the only manga that showed a love scene, proposal, wedding, and the kid(s) that the lead characters had.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1