• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Attack on Titan Films' Full Teaser Reveals Opening Dates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vennex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Even with the release dates I'm not that excited, given the history of live action anime adaptations I'm more fearfull of this being horrible than anything else.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I will watch it, but like most people I am concerned that it will be absolute garbage. I like the costumes and the actors look good, but it all comes down to the writing, the actors capability, and believable effects. I'm worried that it is coming out soon and the addition of new characters replacing ones that already exist kind of bothers me.

Here's hoping.

Last edited by Setsura1 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'm still disappointed there's a Levi-like character that's not called Levi and that there's random new side characters. My only expectations for these movies are that they will at least be so bad they're good.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
Why does one of them have an RPG?
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
Doesn't look good to me. In fact, part of me hopes that this would be a flop and Hollywood would be enticed to create a Western remake in the future. With either Peter Jackson, Gareth Edwards or Guillermo del Toro as the Director.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see I'm not alone in expressing negative hype that the film will not be good (although for me it's for a different reason).

MasterGhost wrote:
Doesn't look good to me. In fact, part of me hopes that this would be a flop and Hollywood would be enticed to create a Western remake in the future. With either Peter Jackson, Gareth Edwards or Guillermo del Toro as the Director.

Beside the 3 directors you listed, I want to add one more: Bong Joon Ho

After watching Snowpiercer, and The Host, I think Bong can also pull off the live-action Attack on Titan with a diverse cast like he did for Snowpiercer. If Bong or any of the director get to handle the live-action Attack on Titan in the future, I hope they get Logan Lerman as Eren. He's the only one that fit Eren:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 am Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:

In fact, part of me hopes that this would be a flop and Hollywood would be enticed to create a Western remake in the future.

Why would Hollywood pick up a flop? If anything, it has to be a success for Hollywood to look at it.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:
With either Peter Jackson, Gareth Edwards or Guillermo del Toro as the Director.

(You saw the Hobbit movies and WANT Jackson or Del Toro as director?? Shocked )
SSAC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oDcLfhzg1I

How much likely are you going to watch the movie? There should be a poll here.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, we got our people, but again it's interesting that they always add people that aren't in the initial work. Y'know AoT could make a pretty good table-top RPG like the old SW campaigns I used to play back in the day. But remember folks won't be able to know what's in the basement.

I had to laugh at some of the CR comments, as they expect Sasha to be done right. After all she IS the POTATO girl. So I'm looking forward to it.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope its as good as the Rurouni Kenshin live action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1