• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul for PS Vita Adds New Main Lead Designed by Manga Creator

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud8100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
Would love to try this out
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
The author is watching over his IP closely, it seems.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote
If the original creator made it himself, that should make it more interesting.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
Any more new games and I'll go crazy
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In the adventure part of the game allows players to freely travel around the 23 wards of Tokyo and talk with specific characters.

While the real life Tokyo has 23 wards, in Tokyo Ghoul there's 24 wards. Might want to fix that.

Hameyadea wrote:

After how Pierrot butchered the first anime season which he wasn't happy about, I'm not surprised he's becoming more involved with projects using his original content.
Realquick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Quote:
In the adventure part of the game allows players to freely travel around the 23 wards of Tokyo and talk with specific characters.

While the real life Tokyo has 23 wards, in Tokyo Ghoul there's 24 wards. Might want to fix that.

Hameyadea wrote:

After how Pierrot butchered the first anime season which he wasn't happy about, I'm not surprised he's becoming more involved with projects using his original content.
Idk why people are saying he wasnt happy with the first season? Like is he mad that it made TG the 4th highest selling manga of the year? Is he mad that the past volumes have sold around 700 k in total? Get real.
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
Realquick wrote:
ETX wrote:
Quote:

Hameyadea wrote:

Idk why people are saying he wasnt happy with the first season? Like is he mad that it made TG the 4th highest selling manga of the year? Is he mad that the past volumes have sold around 700 k in total? Get real.

The reason why he wasn't happy with it is because they switched the Hinami and Tsukiyama arcs around when there was absolutely no need to. The fact that the manga had already passed those arcs tens of chapters ago left no excuse for them to be switched around in the first place, and yet they did.

As the creator of the manga, it's evident that he'd be slightly annoyed when it didn't happen as it intended to. Why do you think he came on board to help with the second season in the first place? Because of how the first season was dealt with.

Yes, the anime pushed the sales of the manga exponentially, but that still doesn't add up as to why Pierrot re-arranged the source material without a valid reason to.
B00m23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Realquick wrote:
ETX wrote:
Quote:

Hameyadea wrote:

The reason why he wasn't happy with it is because they switched the Hinami and Tsukiyama arcs around when there was absolutely no need to. The fact that the manga had already passed those arcs tens of chapters ago left no excuse for them to be switched around in the first place, and yet they did.

As the creator of the manga, it's evident that he'd be slightly annoyed when it didn't happen as it intended to. Why do you think he came on board to help with the second season in the first place? Because of how the first season was dealt with.

Yes, the anime pushed the sales of the manga exponentially, but that still doesn't add up as to why Pierrot re-arranged the source material without a valid reason to.

You do know Ishada worked with the producers of the first season as well, right? He had a hand in its conception.
Realquick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Like seriously. I'm sure Ishida loves his series but it's extremely popular because of the anime. I'm sure he's not arrogant enough to think the manga that was a no name before to the masses deserved the best adaptation it could get.
B00m23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo ghoul was by no means a "no name series" prior to the anime. There's a reason why it got an anime in the first place.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
DAFUQ..well I hope they will show some gameplay soon. If it looks good and interesting, i will check it out Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1