• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kōji Yakusho, Aoi Miyazaki, Shōta Sometani Star in Hosoda's The Boy and the Beast Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koinosuke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Some great talent here. Good to see Miyazaki Aoi is back again after her great role in Wolf Children, and Yakusho Koji is really one of the greats of modern Japanese cinema. And I swear, Sometani Shota has to be the most in demand actor in Japan - seems like he's in every other movie coming out these days.

As for the movie itself, I'm definitely excited. Not a huge fan of the monster character designs here, but the human characters look great. Looking forward to seeing this opening day.
Via_01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't heard of this until now... but honestly? It looks like it could be a pretty fun film. I specially like Kumatetsu's design (the bear with the sword); it reminds me of the antropomorphic characters one would see on a feature film from the 90's.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Summer Wara was one of my favorite movies ever. Can't wait for Hosodas new project. I CANT STOP BEING HYPED
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I like the names chosen in this article for the movie. Definitely talent there and also a closer look at the character designs got me even more hyped now for the film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chito895

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
If only these movies came to LatinAmerica... Here in Peru I can only legally watch DBZ movies, maybe some of Naruto, but I really don't care about those. I love Hosoda's movies, especially The Girl Leap Through Time, and these seems that it's going to be really funny.
Fourteenthangel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:05 am Reply with quote
Mamoru Hosoda has been one of my favorite director's ever since his work on Children's War Game. I've been looking forward since day one and the trailer only makes me even more hyped.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the new trailer, it's just too cool! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1