• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Bento Festival to Show 4 Movies in 250 Theaters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
dubbed or subbed?
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:36 am Reply with quote
Can't complain about the selections, though if I do see anything, it'll have to be Castle of Cagliostro. Don't really have any interest in seeing Robotech, and have already run through Conqueror of Shamballa and Karas.
CloakBass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quote
`````````````

Last edited by CloakBass on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote
CloakBass wrote:
So is it 10 dollars per movie or for all four? All four would kick all sorts of ass, but paying 10 bucks to watch movies already available on DVD is just horrible. Really hoping for the former, I cringed at paying 10 dollars a person for the Naruto event.

For certain movies I wouldn't mind paying a little extra like Princess Monokoke and Nausicaa seeing as how I never got the chance to see them in theaters. But Something like Lupin would still be fun to see in the theaters seeing as how it's such a fun movie.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Not very work friendly to schedule this on a Wednesday or Thursday imo.
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Bah, the Fathom website doesn't have the event even listed yet.

I'd love to see the FMA movie on a big screen, but I doubt we'll get it. Strange thing, is my local movie theater actively promoted the Naruto movie, but when I checked Fathom's site for locations, it wasn't playing within an hour of my house. Crying or Very sad So I don't hold any hopes for any of these playing in my area, regardless of my theater promoting it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I might go for the Lupin and FMA. Mostly because seeing anime outside my room or a con is whoa! The theater experience although costly just makes it seem....better...more classic......legendary.

But that's just me! Very Happy
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
CloakBass wrote:
So is it 10 dollars per movie or for all four? All four would kick all sorts of ass, but paying 10 bucks to watch movies already available on DVD is just horrible. Really hoping for the former, I cringed at paying 10 dollars a person for the Naruto event.

Supposedly you're not just paying for the movie, though. They'll be some exclusive extras to go with it.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Not very work friendly to schedule this on a Wednesday or Thursday imo.

Yeah I guess so, but at least normally the events start around 7 or so, so hopefully most people will be off work already. At least I know I will be, and so far the movies are playing at two somewhat close theaters.

Viga of Stars wrote:
I might go for the Lupin and FMA.

I own all of the on DVD besides Robotech and I think I'll take my friends to see Lupin, it's so easy to just pick up and watch. Whereas everything else is a bit tougher, and considering you have to watch 51 episodes of FMA I don't think that's going to happen. Although I might go see that again.....

AutoGyro wrote:
Supposedly you're not just paying for the movie, though. They'll be some exclusive extras to go with it

Such as? I don't know what kind of extras we'll be getting other then the atmosphere of watching an anime film on the big screen.
bluepita

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

AutoGyro wrote:
Supposedly you're not just paying for the movie, though. They'll be some exclusive extras to go with it

Such as? I don't know what kind of extras we'll be getting other then the atmosphere of watching an anime film on the big screen.

If you click the "annouced" link in the article, it takes you to a page that says this"

Quote:
San Diego, Calif. & Centennial, Colo. – July 26, 2007 – NCM FATHOM, the entertainment division of National CineMedia, takes an unprecedented move in alternative theatre entertainment by announcing a special, four-day anime festival – “Anime Bento, 4 Nights, 4 Servings – The Hottest Anime Movies on the Big Screen” – with FUNimation Entertainment and Manga movies never before seen on the big screen with exclusive bonus features each night.

Wink
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:

If you click the "annouced" link in the article, it takes you to a page that says this"

Quote:
San Diego, Calif. & Centennial, Colo. – July 26, 2007 – NCM FATHOM, the entertainment division of National CineMedia, takes an unprecedented move in alternative theatre entertainment by announcing a special, four-day anime festival – “Anime Bento, 4 Nights, 4 Servings – The Hottest Anime Movies on the Big Screen” – with FUNimation Entertainment and Manga movies never before seen on the big screen with exclusive bonus features each night.

Wink[/quote]

Damn it.....now this blue text is started to screw with me, I could of swore when I rolled over that it was one of those text ad things. I wonder what they could possibly give away/show exclusive trailers or something? Darn now I need to go at least one night.
CloakBass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
```````

Last edited by CloakBass on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
crazychild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quote
They showed the Naruto movie in my town, so hopefully there's a good chance they'll have this too. Though really, Lupin III is the only one I'm interested in, and that's only for the novelty of seeing it on the big screen, since I already watched it once and didn't really like it.
Lupin the Third

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
The 250 Theaters were buried deep within the bowels of their website:

http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=46

Quote:
Boise 21 plus IMAX Boise ID 83709

W00t! I'm gonna see me some Cagliostro on the BIG screen! Smile
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This article has been temporarily removed from the website as we have learned that it is based on speculative information. The original article, along with any necessary corrections, will be re-posted on Thursday, August 2, before 5pm EST.

So is it coming? Or did this event just get canceled? Damn I hope this even still happens I have a bunch of friends who I want to show Castle of Caglistro, hopefully some more information will be available sooner.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2