• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Wakako-zake Anime, Live-Action 99 Days With the Superstar

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Wakako-zake is one of the most relaxing shows ever. Glad CR is getting it so I don't have to hunt it down anymore.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Wakako-zake's so good, I wish it were a bit longer like maybe 5 minutes. And then also bump Wakaba Girl up to 12-13 minutes and I'd be set.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:04 am Reply with quote
It should be noted that CR now has another "?" box in their new simulcast lineup after Wakako-zake. (99 Days With the Superstar is listed in the new library titles section of the lineup).
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
Boku to Star no 99 Nichi is cute. Nishijima Hidetoshi is great (as always) and his Korean costar Kim Tae Hee did pretty well; I can forgive the slight awkwardness on her part, considering iirc she only started learning Japanese a few months before filming started.

P.S. If there are any 2PM fans in here, Taecyon plays her younger brother.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Wakako-zake's so good, I wish it were a bit longer like maybe 5 minutes.

Excluding the op it's only a measly ninety seconds. Although I'm liking it quite a bit, I wish it had at least half-length episodes (twelve or so minutes), that would be way better. With that sort of runtime the show could introduce other working women and have them converse with one another over dinner, and more time could be spent admiring the delicious-looking food. I'd watch it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1