• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NZ's Weta Workshop Makes Life-Size Tank for Girls und Panzer Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
So they can build a tank, but they got problems adapting HALO into a movie? Laughing
cxt217

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I am not sure who made the mistake, but the tank that the model in the photo is suppose to represent is not a Panzer IV Ausf. D that the article claim it is. It is a Panzer IV Ausf. H, which was an upgraded version of the Panzer IV, and which was depicted in the later episodes of Girls und Panzer.
amakaseP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
cxt217 wrote:
I am not sure who made the mistake, but the tank that the model in the photo is suppose to represent is not a Panzer IV Ausf. D that the article claim it is. It is a Panzer IV Ausf. H, which was an upgraded version of the Panzer IV, and which was depicted in the later episodes of Girls und Panzer.

Actually, it is listed as "Panzer IV Ausf. D [Modified] (Ausf. H Spec)” on the official site for the event, which I think does accurately reflect the show and is probably why news sites are listing it as a Panzer IV Ausf. D [Modified].
cxt217

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
amakaseP wrote:
cxt217 wrote:

Actually, it is listed as "Panzer IV Ausf. D [Modified] (Ausf. H Spec)” on the official site for the event, which I think does accurately reflect the show and is probably why news sites are listing it as a Panzer IV Ausf. D [Modified].

Sigh... I should have expected as much, given how they had Jagdtigers, Elefants, Churchills, and Matildas running as fast as the other tanks in the show.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
The tank looks awesome and the cosplayers look great! Smile
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
So they can build a tank, but they got problems adapting HALO into a movie? Laughing

Microsoft pulled the plug on the HALO movie so you can't blame Weta for that. However the same team ended up making District 9 instead which I though was an awesome movie.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Could've been awesomer if they could fly in a real one from somewhere collection
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1