• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ajin - Demi-Human Manga Gets TV Anime in January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm really curious to see how they will adapt this in TV form now tbh. And given the way the format, also curious to see how many episodes....

Good news is that we won't have to wait for BDs, at least for the first movie anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
neonie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
All CG anime is lame af
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I have nothing against CG(I like it for Sidonia, and looking forward to it in the Ajin movies), but I wanted Ajin's TV anime to...not be that.

We get to enjoy Kei(not Kurono) on our TV's now, but I'm still waiting for BD's.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, glad to see it's getting something, it's a great manga and the anime should bring it more attention. I still need to buy v6, it's quickly become one of the manga I most look forward to new volumes of.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
neonie wrote:
All CG anime is lame af

I thoroughly disagree with that. Expelled from Paradise (aside from all the booty shots) was quite nice in both animation and story.

But if you're coming off of Sidonia, I can see why. Bad animation can be quite jarring.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Mmmm....I'm really glad this got a TV anime but still CG? Oh well, I suppose I'll get used to it...
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice. I actually rather watch the series delve more into the Ajin and characters rather than see a condensed film version. Wonder if the TV series will be 25/26 episodes or will stop with an original ending since the manga still ongoing.

Not a big fan of Japanese full CGI on humans (esp. not Knights of Sidonia although I didn't like it to begin with) but, I'm hoping this will be...tolerable.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Netflix will choose to dub it like they did with Sidonia.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice. I'm not familiar with this yet so I didn't expect it to get both once it was announced that the project was going to be done as movies.

Cool!

Last edited by DangerMouse on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
neonie wrote:
All CG anime is lame af

I couldn't disagree more. As others have stated Expelled from Paradise was a great movie, the season I've seen of Knights of Sidonia was fantastic and is one of my favorite Mecha series, and the way that Arpeggio was handled was great as well.

The ones I've seen anyway tend to have some interesting ideas, and surprisingly decent storytelling. So unless you're just complaining about the style and not the content. I definitely can't agree.

I've heard a lot about this manga so I'll be checking it out. It's nice to see more anime go straight to Netflix. They handled KOS really well. I'm curious how this will fit in with the movies though...
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. As others have stated Expelled from Paradise was a great movie, the season I've seen of Knights of Sidonia was fantastic and is one of my favorite Mecha series, and the way that Arpeggio was handled was great as well.

Hear, Hear!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:06 am Reply with quote
The 6th came out on Aug. 25, just 2 months after the Japanese release date for that volume. In other words, we are getting better at catching up with the Japanese. I think 2 months is a good time to catch up because there is the issue of rights issues, translation time, getting the publishing done, orders prepared, and sending them to the vendors.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:11 am Reply with quote
Not gonna lie i originally loved this manga but as i read more the character started out similar to kaneki but then became spoiler[an asshole(stopped pretending he gave a shit about anyone else). His allies are far more likeable characters and that agent who was tracking him and is now working with him really needs to be hit with a krama stick,up the ass if possible.] other than that im glad to see it being animated, personally i found KoS to be weird but after a few episodes in i was so engrossed into the story i just accepted the CG animation, the mecha/alien fights were fine at the least
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote
Hype is freaking real. I can see this being 16 eps if not 13
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
So excited for this. I don't care if its cg once its handled by Polygon because they are incredible creators and the CGI for Sidonia was decent to incredible. Plus, since they have the models and all done for the movie they can just use them for the anime. That means the series will look almost as good as the movies, win win in my eyes. Only wanted I.G. and Polygon to touch this, glad Polygon got it. It's in safe hands
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2