• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Licenses The Asterisk War Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Completely expected but nevertheless welcome news. This is the one I'm most looking forward to this Autumn.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I get why they ended up with this, but it sort of feels like a weird title for Aniplex and A-1 pictures to be involved in, to begin with. Maybe it'll defy my expectations, but it sounds like a pretty generic High-School-kids-with-superpowers romp.
That character design for Julis-Alexia von Riessfelt is pretty attractive though.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Definitely looks beautiful and something I'll greatly enjoy, can't wait to watch it when it releases on bluray Anime smile what are the chances of it getting dubbed though?

Last edited by DuchessBianca on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I get why they ended up with this, but it sort of feels like a weird title for Aniplex and A-1 pictures to be involved in, to begin with. Maybe it'll defy my expectations, but it sounds like a pretty generic High-School-kids-with-superpowers romp.
That character design for Julis-Alexia von Riessfelt is pretty attractive though.

There's def something up with it. A-1 do do alot of generic stuff, but they never pump this much budget in unless they know its gonna be special
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh look. It's another season of World Break/Absolute Duo/Sky Wizards/(insert generic high school show here). Confused
Eigengrau

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
For a moment I misread that title and now I am disappointed in the lack of Gaul villages fighting off Roman occupation.
Deadly_Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking about skipping this one because it looks kinda generic, but if aniplex takes it, i'll have to reconsider...
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I heard this was going to be 2 cour but still no episode # count confirmation yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I get why they ended up with this, but it sort of feels like a weird title for Aniplex and A-1 pictures to be involved in, to begin with.

Yeah, A-1 and Aniplex getting together to make an anime out of a light novel... that is so weird, I never thought such a thing would happen...
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Oh look. It's another season of World Break/Absolute Duo/Sky Wizards/(insert generic high school show here). Confused

Yeah,you think would get tired these shows, but this season has about 10 of them.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Yeah, A-1 and Aniplex getting together to make an anime out of a light novel... that is so weird, I never thought such a thing would happen...

*coughSAOcough*
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
What the heck is up with Claudia Enfield's character design? Boots, stockings+garter belt and a skirt so short you gotta ask why bother? Walking fetish much? Rolling Eyes

...And another fighting academy. -sigh- You go AoA! Keep picking these up and give me an excuse not to give you my money. Really, I'm totally ok with that. Cool
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

*coughSAOcough*

And Oreimo 2. And Oreshura. And Saekano.

Last edited by L'Imperatore on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Yeah,you think would get tired these shows, but this season has about 10 of them.

Ever heard the saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover'? I'm gonna guess no.

One-Eye wrote:
...And another fighting academy. -sigh- You go AoA! Keep picking these up and give me an excuse not to give you my money. Really, I'm totally ok with that. Cool

I'm sure they'll miss the money you weren't going to give them anyway.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
I get why they ended up with this, but it sort of feels like a weird title for Aniplex and A-1 pictures to be involved in, to begin with.

Laughing
Sure, but who doesn't these days? Based on what I've seen so far though, most of the ones that Aniplex/A-1 are involved in have some sort of twist, or aspect to them that makes them stand out from the crowd. This feels more like a Xebec production. I normally wouldn't even put it on my "To Watch" list, but because of them, I will at least follow episode reviews.

I kind of resent the fact that a lot of people lump all Light Novels together like that, to be honest. That's like saying, "Yeah, A-1 and Aniplex getting together to make an anime... that is so weird, I never thought such a thing would happen..." It's extremely vague and meaningless. Not all light novels are created equal, just like any other format or medium of entertainment. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3