• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Heroic Legend of Arslan Gets New TV Anime in 2016

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Ah so now we have both new Nanatsu no Taizai and Arslan Senki for next year. Interesting!

I wonder if both will be 2 cour.
Hoping this will be season 2 though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
Maybe this season will address my biggest unanswered-question: why introduce a [Magic] element if it's used only as a deux ex machina?
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:26 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Maybe this season will address my biggest unanswered-question: why introduce a [Magic] element if it's used only as a deux ex machina?

Ok am I the only one that feels there is potential for more emphasis on magic in the future of arslan.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
Exalted Incarnate wrote:
Ok am I the only one that feels there is potential for more emphasis on magic in the future of arslan.

I, too, think that there is a potential, but it hasn't shown any from the moment it was introduced other than to make a situation that was impossible to retreat in, retreatable.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

I really disliked the subplot that concerned mages who pop up out of the ground. The story doesn't need magic, and it feels very out-of-place.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
It was all but expected... Wink
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

I really disliked the subplot that concerned mages who pop up out of the ground. The story doesn't need magic, and it feels very out-of-place.

Magic in arslan would be epic. It would remind me of how fire emblem was in the past...before fan service. The days of glory are gone...
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
Most shows in this genre have magic. I found it refreshing that Arslan Senki followed a more realistic path.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
Hopefully it gets a different studio.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
I was genuinely afraid this wouldn't happen, considering the show's middling BD/DVD sales, but assuming this second season will run for two cours, it should be enough to take us to the end of the 7th novel, wrapping up the series's first major arc. And that's the best note for the anime to end on, considering the novels are still ongoing.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
I also suspected this second season was going to happen. Hopefully the effort will be better.

Zhou-BR wrote:
I was genuinely afraid this wouldn't happen, considering the show's middling BD/DVD sales

I think that disc sales might not have been that big of a deal for Arslan because it had strong ratings in Japanese tv.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
If high ratings and low sales weren't necessarily an issue for this series to get a sequel, is this the exception if you apply it it to other series in general?
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Welp that was quick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ah so now we have both new Nanatsu no Taizai and Arslan Senki for next year. Interesting!

I wonder if both will be 2 cour.
Hoping this will be season 2 though.

i would wait until more info comes up before jumping into conclusions. first it says that its a new tv anime. does it mean its a remake of the ovas that central park media? does it mean that its a new tv series more faithful towards the light novels? or as everyone suspected, does this mean that it will be a second season of the arslan tv series that just finished? those are the real questions people should be asking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If high ratings and low sales weren't necessarily an issue for this series to get a sequel, is this the exception if you apply it it to other series in general?

Arslan aired at 5 PM. This is a "normal people" timeslot, while most anime is late-night. Daytime hour anime depend more of ratings, advertising space, and (depending on the series) merchandise, with disc sales being a bonus. It's not an exception so much as late-night and general population anime are very different beasts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2