• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Gen Fukunaga: Tokyo Ghoul Season 3 Set for 2016

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xMemorie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot... please don't... just give it to Madhouse... please.

Last edited by xMemorie on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow. this just caught me by surprise. Well, more Tokyo Ghoul is good news.
javierm885778

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
So they want to butcher :re now? Unless it's a reboot by another studio I can't see this being any good.
Cunning Linguist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Pierrot... please don't... just give it to Madhouse... please.

Madhouse would probably be worse, they'd do one season and make fans worldwide lose all hope for a 2nd.

If anything give it to a dedicated studio like JC Staff or David Production
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I would've really liked to see Studio Bones do Tokyo Ghoul.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Technically, just because it's set for '16, that doesn't mean it will necessarily actually get released that year since delays are possible. I also find this ironic coming from Funi when they have become somewhat infamous for their Eva 3.3 delays.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!??!?!?!?!! This better be real...they better not RUSH IT LIKE s1 and s2.....MAKE IT 24-25 EPS!!!!!!!!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
OK... I'll bite... HOW?!

You're kind of missing a few essential parts, don't you think? If only they hadn't butchered the 2nd season...
bobob101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I've always said I prefer the season two ending because it works so much better thematically. Dropped plot points are annoying, but in no way is it a deal breaker since I can just go and read the manga. Knowing how much re: content there is now, I bet another season wouldn't be out till summer at the earliest. But I would gladly watch more Tokyo Ghoul, even if things are translated differently than how they happen in the manga.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm not one to judge something for not following the source, but damn, Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul was a disaster.

Kaneki's decision to spoiler[join Aogiri] at the end of the first episode ultimately amounted to nothing significant, considering he leaves them only 5 or 6 episodes in, and his overall actions aren't any different from the manga. Speaking of which, despite being "anime-original", the general structure of the narrative really wasn't that much different from the source. And what was changed was absolutely detrimental in the worst way.

I have no idea how they're gonna adapt :re, but they better show respect. I don't care if it's different from the source or not, I just want it to be good. If Ishida-sensei goes to the huge trouble of writing a storyline for their anime, they better use it instead of throwing it away like last time.

And if they ruin Shuu again, I'm gonna lose it. He's currently one of the most sympathetic characters in the series right now, and to have him reduced to an joke is just disgusting. The things the director said about him were also really insulting. Mad

Wait, hold on. Does anyone know if that article in the link is even legit? I know there are more than a few joke news sites out there. Confused
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
this season better be a continuing of season 1, because season 2 was messed up and not really apart of the original series. Anyways before moving on the creators need to fix season 2, I don't care if it would be exactly like the manga because if it doesn't follow the original story line it would not be Tokyo ghoul. Mad
And what was with the opening for season 2!? It is worth nothing compared to op 1. I judge the op based on both song and video and season 2 failed at both, I really hope season 3 is done by the band that did op 1, I actually don't mind if the creators kept the first op (unravel) throughout the entire series.

I have had enough of the censorships and scene cuts of blood and gore in anime, it is one the best aspects and yet it is utterly removed. I hope the same problem doesn't continue for future anime.

Last edited by Exalted Incarnate on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Hold the phone......this all sounds like that one website posting false information about Tokyo Ghoul Season 3 being green lit for Winter 2016 release.

Last edited by Rukiia on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
0Ninjaz0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
This is basically old news by now, and sadly this doesn't really clarify whether or not Gen's comment about a Season 3 was a mistake or not, since it was not an announcement or anything. So meh :/
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Exalted Incarnate wrote:
this season better be a continuing of season 1, because season 2 was messed up and not really apart of the original series. Anyways before moving on the creators need to fix season 2, I don't care if it would be exactly like the manga because if it doesn't follow the original story line it would not be Tokyo ghoul. Mad
And what was with the opening for season 2!? It is worth nothing compared to op 1. I judge the op based on both song and video and season 2 failed at both, I really hope season 3 is done by the band that did op 1, I actually don't mind if the creators kept the first op (unravel) throughout the entire series.

I have had enough of the censorships and scene cuts of blood and gore in anime, it is one the best aspects and yet it is utterly removed. I hope the same problem doesn't continue for future anime.

I hope you and everyone else know that SEASON 2 (ROOT A) IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME AS THE MANGA, besides the fact thht Kaenki joined Aogiri. Other than that his actions and everyone else was the same spoiler[well and Hide] but thats it.
Calculus20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Well there was that rumor with season 2 that turned out to be true so I feel this might turn out to be true too. It got 2 OVA series already so I guess a third season is expected since it probably makes a lot of money through merchandising and manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4