• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Broadcast Dub Cast for Heavy Object Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monke Danana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 am Reply with quote
For a second there, i thought it said justin bieber.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
Interesting cast choice I'll sure be checking this one out. Smile
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
Not sure why they put Micah in the lead roll. If they ever decide to make the multi crossover manga into an anime adaption and Funi picks it up(which would be most likely) you will have him both as Touma and Havia. Other then that i love Micah.

Cant wait for the dub!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Not sure why they put Micah in the lead roll. If they ever decide to make the multi crossover manga into an anime adaption and Funi picks it up(which would be most likely) you will have him both as Touma and Havia. Other then that i love Micah.

can't wait for the dub!

Technically, Havia would be a main character. I personally reserve "lead' for the 1-2 chief characters.

I think the Japanese may have approved him being in this series because both this and Index were from the same creator. I think it's the same for Aaron Dismuke getting the role of Arslan since it's an Arakawa manga title (which is in turn based off of a light novel series that was based off of a Persian epic/myth).
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

can't wait for the dub!

I doubt they ever make an anime of the crossover novel so I wouldn't worry.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:47 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

can't wait for the dub!

Technically, Havia would be a main character. I personally reserve "lead' for the 1-2 chief characters.

I think the Japanese may have approved him being in this series because both this and Index were from the same creator. I think it's the same for Aaron Dismuke getting the role of Arslan since it's an Arakawa manga title (which is in turn based off of a light novel series that was based off of a Persian epic/myth).

not quite. its not uncommon that the authors usually have the final say in a dub casting. for instance a lot of the moonie fans claimed that miss naoko choosed the dub cast herself for the viz media version. however unless one of them can actually speak english,i really really can see any author personally choosing a dub cast no matter who it is.

however you have a point (and i would agree to a point) when it came to arakawa's manga version of arslan considering that both dismuke and mignona who voiced arslan and hermes respecfully also voiced ed and al from the original FMA. If its the case and arakawa had a hand in choosing the dub cast for arslan,i can definitely buy that at least considering that it was their dub work that put FMA on the map.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

can't wait for the dub!

Most Japanese do not approve or disapprove of English dubs. They have no involvement in most dubs. It's a myth. The "Japanese" clients myth for Aniplex of America is just that. Aniplex of America is an American company. Subsidiaries are based in the country of service not of the parent company. Yes, the producers of AOA are Japanese, but Aniplex of Japan has no involvement in dubs.

This is especially true in Funi dubs. All the credited names are American. Sure some LA dubs have involvement from Japan, but they're far in few between.

Japanese don't work on English dubs. They don't care. It's not their place to say whether or not a dub is good or not. They don't have the right.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I strongly think this show is being Dub because Funimation acquired some other show that in order to get that show, they would have to acquire this show as a package deal or no deal. These things tend to happen, ever seen a show, and asked yourself "Why did they Dub this?" it's kinda likely because of this situation. The Japanese try to make for money that way.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1, how do you know this? I think you and jr240483 have a point, however, I know that at leas the Utena director liked Rachael Lillis' performance so much that he named his car after her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1