• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Remake's Kitase Discusses Game's Battle System in Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
Real time is better than turn base. Ff7 battle actually very boring and summons take so long.
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Real time is better than turn base. Ff7 battle actually very boring and summons take so long.

This is how the game feels to me. They aren't making it for people that enjoyed FF7 and its gameplay, but rather for people that didn't like the gameplay. Oh well, at least they are porting the old FF7 to PS4 lmao.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
Good, if i would play this again. Then this Version here. And Final Fantasy that is home in 2015. HD textures, Action Battle of today generation (Also, with the Story set in Stone, an New Generation of Programmers get their first Wings, and get used to PS4 Code)

Me thinks, that this remake here would land on my PS4 Harddisk, the other version are for the Nostalgic Fans. If you want to experience your Child with his own FF7 version, wait for this Remaster.
0nsen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am Reply with quote
Well, well. How long has it now been since those guys forgot how to make games? Ten years? Or was it twenty?
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 am Reply with quote
Good. We can stop complaining about them making it completely action-based.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
0nsen wrote:
Well, well. How long has it now been since those guys forgot how to make games? Ten years? Or was it twenty?

Aww dont be such a butthurt fan just because your fav childhood game dont become like what you expected.
LuScr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
So it's going to be a menu-based button-masher?

Ugh. That would be even worse than an action "RPG."
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
0nsen wrote:

Aww don't be such a butthurt fan just because your favorite childhood game don't become like what you expected.

well it is, there will be an PS4 HD version of the PC release, for this kind of Fans, too

So, they are allowed to choose

here the old classic:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-05/final-fantasy-vii-ps4-port-now-available/.96145

Last edited by Seska1973 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
Well, hope it works out for Square Enix. They seem to be attempting to attract the 4-6 million people still buying modern FF games today, rather than the 10 million people who bought FF VII. It's a bold strategy, aiming for the smaller audience, but we'll see if it pays off.
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, hope it works out for Square Enix. They seem to be attempting to attract the 4-6 million people still buying modern FF games today, rather than the 10 million people who bought FF VII. It's a bold strategy, aiming for the smaller audience, but we'll see if it pays off.

10 million.. how many years is that away now? Time did not stop for them, they found their love, married perhaps and perhaps also have children. do they still have the time to play the game today?

this FF7 here, is for the current Generation, that are still "wild and carefree", but of course have the money to buy it

In some case, this FF7 here is their FF7 as if it would come out in 2016. and perhaps they find the same love we found in our PS1 time

Let this Company try do catch new fresh blood, standstill is the same as admit defeat
MCAL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
Sometimes I feel people don't know what a remake is. It's supposed to be an old thing redone with a fresh modern perspective. Just making something prettier is not a remake.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
LuScr wrote:
So it's going to be a menu-based button-masher?

Ugh. That would be even worse than an action "RPG."

looks like it's based on the Kingdom Hearts Battle System, if so i'm all for it

after all this a Remake not a Remaster soi expect it to be made to modern standards not the standards of the mid 90's
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:55 am Reply with quote
Seska1973 wrote:
Let this Company try do catch new fresh blood, standstill is the same as admit defeat

What about my comment seemed to imply that I wasn't going to let the Company try to catch new fresh blood?

My only point was the the FF series sold the most when they were about strategic planning in battles, not merely mashing buttons as numbers constantly fly across the screen. I don't see how continually decreasing sales numbers could be seen as evidence of "modern standards". As I said, it's a bold strategy, remaking a game not for the much larger audience that already know and love the game, but rather for the definitively smaller audience that expect "modern standards". Time will tell if it pays off.
0nsen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
0nsen wrote:

Aww don't be such a butthurt fan just because your favorite childhood game don't become like what you expected.

I think FFVII was already nothing but a glorified B-movie, though. I'm just a gameplay guy. I don't care for story and graphics. Different tastes and all that. I like to play games, not to watch them. Squeenix however caters to a different crowd of people that more or less want interactive movies.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:05 am Reply with quote
0nsen wrote:

For Kitase, I'd say about right after FFVII. I don't know what that hell that game did to him, but his track record since then has been pathetic. It's safe to say the man is washed up now and attempting to remake FFVII is clearly him and the other guys trying to relive their glory days, which isn't going to happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2