• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Schwarzesmarken Anime Posts New Video, January 10 Premiere, Ending Theme Singers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
Going to be optimistic about this but...hmm, I think the key visual is nice. If they can maintain a good soundtrack with adapt it well, then should be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
I actually dont watch Total Eclipse yet, but this one looks amazing. It is okay if I want to start watch from this prequel 1st?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:05 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
I actually don't watch Total Eclipse yet, but this one looks amazing. It is okay if I want to start watch from this prequel 1st?

If you want to go for a chronological view, sure. However, if you want to get a feel for Total Eclipse, obviously watch that first. I think it would have made sense if they release this series as part of the summer 2012 anime then have Muv-Luv be part of the winter 2016 line-up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
I actually don't watch Total Eclipse yet, but this one looks amazing. It is okay if I want to start watch from this prequel 1st?

don't even watch muv luv total eclipse if anything it will destroy your experience for watching this one, as they are both spin-offs they don't require being watched, but playing original vn of muv luv would definetly make you hype nicely for this.
This spin-off looks awesome so give it a try first and if you will love it then give total eclipse a try, but that one was fail, so if this story is gonna follow in muv-luv original steps and it will:) you will end up only whining about total eclipse as it was full of bs.
Total eclipse is like shame of muv-luv. It's not bad as anime, just in comparison to what it's spin-off, of it's shit and disappointment.
Ashminigun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

With these Chronicles/spinoff adaptation, you would skip Total Eclipse since both of them doesn't have continuity and took place in different front on different timeline.

Only thing that linked them are spoiler[UN/US/Soviet Alternative plans (I believe they are in Phase III)] on how they deal with BETA as the war progresses. I'm hoping this will focus on TSF vs BETA more than main character dealing with his past with Stasi that lead to the demise of his close relative; which Total Eclipse lacks off.

Last edited by Ashminigun on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this one stays a bit more on track with tone.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hopefully this one stays a bit more on track with tone.

If they whiff twice with Alternative-universe anime, they might as well just go back to the silly stuff. God help us if that means Haruko Maniax gets an anime.

I was disappointed to see that Schwarzesmarken didn't even make the top 20 list of winter anime Japanese fans are hyped for. Could well be that they're just playing to their established, if aging, fan-base. But getting out the anime at the same time as the visual novel is an interesting tactic. Coupled with the West getting its post-Kickstarter introduction to Muv-Luv next year, maybe it'll be a nice boost for the company.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
fripside could have used that instrumental for Railgun. Wink
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Schwarzesmarken and Total Eclipse do have a direct connection where the former is part of the backstory for something in the latter but it's not something where you particularly need to do one before the other or has much of a payoff.

It remains to be seen how far the anime will get into it, but Schwarzesmarken is ultimately more of a political story than alien invasion story, which probably makes it more similar to TE than MLA. There is a lot of room for differences in quality of execution though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:05 am Reply with quote
Considering that Sentai licensed Muv-Luv, I think it would make sense if they also license this. In addition, it could have consistency if they also dubbed this. That is, unless they do a broadcast dub, I am think at least 1.5 years from now before such a release would happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1