• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Acquires Original Fullmetal Alchemist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finlands-beret

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, I've often hoped this series comes back to the UK. I'm already looking forward to it!
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
finlands-beret wrote:
Oh my gosh, I've often hoped this series comes back to the UK. I'm already looking forward to it!

same here as long as Anime LTD don't do what they normally do and release an overly expensive version first with disc errors, then make us wait a year for a standard version
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
This news still makes me smile. It's what many of us have been waiting a long time for. Very Happy I just hope the releases are not too expensive.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The original series was released on DVD by MVM, but this edition is now deleted.

For sake of accuracy, it was a FUNimation release distributed by MVM (they even had FUNimation UPCs). I'm not sure they even finished it before the Navarre buyout when Revelation Films took over as UK distributor; Revelation definitely released a full set (both as singles and four half season sets) but I'm still tracking down the MVM releases. Initial evidence points to MVM only having released the first 7 volumes however.

--edit--

It was 8 volumes. MVM released volume 8 on the 23rd October 2006, and Revelation released volume 9 on the 22nd January 2007.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1