• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Diddy kong Racing promo video 70's visits the 90's

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyanYasha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
In in the fall of 1997, Diddy kong racing was finally getting ready for it's arrival and Nintendo power released a Hillarious promo video involving a news reporter host Trent Tillman telling the whole story behind the game with some backup reporters. these backup reporters go by some verry childish and cartooney names like Dent chasey Frank Fontaine ect.Laughing in one scene we see Trent explaining Sheila westen Diddy's wife?! how the hell Did Diddy kong mary a female Human? what kind of sick twisted freak would talk about a Monkey Protagonist being married to a Female Human? that's kind of bizare.Shocked anyway, Frank Fontaine usually goes on explaining VS mode alot. he goes on saying the name of a random vehicle Plane vs car car vs hovercraft plane vs plane car vs car hovercraft vs hovercraft! but he does that a lot since he's a rookie reporter like they say he is in the promo video. during once scene i like how Trent is seen in a living room with a couple of 4 all wanting to hear about tips and advice for playing the game, he mentions a bag of haycorns that was shuffed in the exhaust pipes of Krunch's plane. was that Conker's idea? because he mentioned him into it to. i remember that clear as a day while watching it. the most funniest part of the video is where Daryl another Nintendo Insider explains about the tips while he and another guy are in the bathroom and shouts out you people are full of jerks! the toilet paper falls of and asks a little help? finally after a montage of the couple player multiplayer the video ends and Trent tells the viewers to "please Drive Safely." after that any perticular promo video wouldn't be complete without mentioning a couple of other released and non released N64 games that were out at that time.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry but between the bad grammar and rambling train of thought I fail to see what purpose this thread actually serves. There seems to be no real point to it other than some random thoughts. So I'm locking it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1