• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Updates [2016-04-13]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi256

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
I can't believe they forgot about Selector Infected WIXOSS! I really like that show and I was hoping to get the Blu-Ray/DVD collector's edition next week monday (18/4/16), but now they've chaged the pre-order date to November 14. What is going on? Are they really trying to make life boring and annoying for us people in the UK. Crying or Very sad Mad
cloud8100

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:17 am Reply with quote
Part of me wishes companies don't announce release dates until they have the final version of a product in their hands. As ridiculous as that may sound.
NormanicGrav

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
taichi256 wrote:
I can't believe they forgot about Selector Infected WIXOSS! I really like that show and I was hoping to get the Blu-Ray/DVD collector's edition next week monday (18/4/16), but now they've chaged the pre-order date to November 14. What is going on? Are they really trying to make life boring and annoying for us people in the UK. Crying or Very sad Mad

The problem with Selector Infected WIXOSS was due to the lack of materials given to them.
Quote:
Most recent update on Podcast #14 (http://blog.alltheanime.com/podcast14/) where we said it's now TBC while we're waiting for delivery of assets relating to the Limited Edition version. Nothing more to report since then as far as I'm aware.

To be honest a lot of the delays are beyond their control so I wouldn't blame them - yes it was daft to put them up for pre-order at an unrealistic release date but they're still improving at the very least.

---

If it helps, these other titles had some updates a few days ago over on Anime UK News (where the members of Anime Ltd tend to respond over various questions and such):
Quote:
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad - Nav checks for the DVD starting now, BD isn't approved for now so just pushing ahead. New release date shortly (we'll announce within the next month).

Makoto Shinkai's The Place Promised / Voices Double Pack - Clearing some sweet extras for the package, re-designwork to make that possible and QC'ing the discs (we have the check discs). Updated date as soon as we're ready to hit print. Not sooner - sorry folks! Won't impact on price for anyone who has pre-ordered!

Nerima Daikon Brothers - This one continues to evade us due to materials and US rights issues - I'll update as soon as I can, really want to release it though asap as I love the show.

Ping Pong the Animation - Masters are in, print files approved so we'll have an updated release soon (within next two weeks). Touch wood should have stock for MCM Expo.

Short Peace - Never announced a release date or update on this, few hiccups on it so it's on hiatus indefinitely for now. It's hard to plan a release when the PS3 version was priced so cheaply as well alas.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
NormanicCrazer wrote:
If it helps, these other titles had some updates a few days ago over on Anime UK News (where the members of Anime Ltd tend to respond over various questions and such):

Andrew is quite the approachable type. He is everyone's second-favourite Partridge!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RHorsman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting just slightly nervous that SamFlam part two isn't getting mentioned at all in any of their updates. The Manglobe collapse is making me wonder if materials are procurable at all.

(I'm also assuming that sales for part one weren't great, but in a tweet they did say they were committed to getting the whole thing out.)
NormanicGrav

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
RHorsman wrote:
I'm getting just slightly nervous that SamFlam part two isn't getting mentioned at all in any of their updates. The Manglobe collapse is making me wonder if materials are procurable at all.

(I'm also assuming that sales for part one weren't great, but in a tweet they did say they were committed to getting the whole thing out.)

Part 2 is on its way, it's just not on the schedule yet according to Anime Limited. The French branch (@Anime) just released theirs [and it looks good] so the UK branch should have theirs up around June-July. The pre-orders that went up on Amazon covered most of the Q2 line-up in case anyone was wondering (for instance Assassination Classroom Part 1 is part of the Q2/Summer line-up but wasn't added to Amazon).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1