• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 3 Anime Casts Chiwa Saito, Masaya Matsukaze, Takako Sasuga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yappers4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote
How many years after the events of DR1 or DR2 does the anime takes place? I find it weird that Hagakure and Asahina have grown more adult-like while Naegi and Kirigiri are more or less the same.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I love it when the band keeps on returning. Smile
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
Where is Byakuya in all this?
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
How many years after the events of DR1 or DR2 does the anime takes place? I find it weird that Hagakure and Asahina have grown more adult-like while Naegi and Kirigiri are more or less the same.
Naegi and Kirigiri look a little older from what I see, Yasuhiro has the most dramatic change but he was already in his 20's in the first game, and my favorite girl Asahina I just love her new design
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't know that danganronpa franchise will have a new anime adaption. The first one is good enough for me to watcch this second adaption of a game.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Minimimiau wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that danganronpa franchise will have a new anime adaption. The first one is good enough for me to watcch this second adaption of a game.

This isn't an adaptation.
Danganronpa 3 is a series made uniquely as an anime, there is no game it was based on. Smile

I do recommend you try and play the Danganronpa 2 game at some point before this series premieres if possible, since it never got an anime.
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
Minimimiau wrote:

This isn't an adaptation.
Danganronpa 3 is a series made uniquely as an anime, there is no game it was based on. Smile

I do recommend you try and play the Danganronpa 2 game at some point before this series premieres if possible, since it never got an anime.
Little addendum to this: Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy is entirely separate from Danganronpa V3: Everyone's New Semester of Killing. As was mentioned, the former is an anime-only story and its the final part in the Hope's Peak Trilogy. The latter on the other hand is the first installment in a new Danganronpa trilogy(Or at least I assume it'll be a trilogy. Could be one-off's from here on in.), and the only reason it has a "3" in its title is because for all intents and purposes it is the third main installment of the Danganronpa video game series.
iatheia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Fukawa and Komaru aren't in here, either. Though their absence can be explained more so than that of Togami, I assume that this series is happening concurrently with Despair Girls? Though, wasn't Hagakure also involved in that mess in his mini-novel? But, yes, the fact that they haven't announced or even mentioned Togami so far is a bit bothersome.
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
iatheia wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Fukawa and Komaru aren't in here, either. Though their absence can be explained more so than that of Togami, I assume that this series is happening concurrently with Despair Girls? Though, wasn't Hagakure also involved in that mess in his mini-novel? But, yes, the fact that they haven't announced or even mentioned Togami so far is a bit bothersome.
Considering its supposed to tie up the Hope's Peak trilogy, its likely set after Danganronpa 2 which is after Ultra Despair Girls last I checked.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
iatheia wrote:
Nyren wrote:

It's not another interquel. We know it's a sequel, and considering how aged-up the returning characters are, this is clearly set several years after Danganronpa 2. Not sure what Byakuya's up to by this point, though I'd be surprised if he didn't at least have a small appearance at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1