• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 3 TV Anime's Story Previewed Before July Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
> In this game where class trials don't exist, the only way to get rid of the traitor is to find him and kill him off.

Huh, somehow I'm looking forward to this a bit more now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Wild Sakurako

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
I agree. I like the change to this already. I am so tired of the class trial stuff tbh.
MoMo990066

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this!!!
KH91

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
So they pretty much 5D's'd it, Mirai-hen. No more standing during trials. It's about moving around and speed.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
As someone who only watched the show and didn't play the game, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't going to be a series based off of the second game, but this sound like they might be going in the right direction.

The first anime was not really top notch writing but it was a lot of fun, so I have faith this will at least be a good addition to the franchise.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
1 Mirai-hen episode & 1 Zetsubō-hen episode will air every week this summer

Oh, so double episodes. I'll probably just focus on Mirai-hen when it's simulcast, and go back and watch Zetsubo-hen if I hear good things about it. I'm only really interested in seeing the characters from the first anime return.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Oh, so double episodes. I'll probably just focus on Mirai-hen when it's simulcast, and go back and watch Zetsubo-hen if I hear good things about it. I'm only really interested in seeing the characters from the first anime return.

It's probably not a big deal if you only wanted to follow one at a time, but just an FYI, they were apparently written with the intention of being watched concurrently. Presumably they may be referencing each other, despite the timeline gap, though to what extent is unclear.
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

It's probably not a big deal if you only wanted to follow one at a time, but just an FYI, they were apparently written with the intention of being watched concurrently. Presumably they may be referencing each other, despite the timeline gap, though to what extent is unclear.

If you've played Danganronpa 2, with those story preview, you can guess why those two parts are linked. Other than the games, story-wise, there's lots of interactions between DR1 characters and DR2 characters, just so you know.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Ah, okay. I've been under the assumption that one is set after the other, so I could see Zetsubo characters appearing in Mirai. Still, not something that will get me to check out Zetsubo as it's simulcast. Since I've never played (or plan to play) the games, I've only got a connection to the characters from the original anime.

Will stick with that for now, unless something is later revealed about the shows that compels me to watch both.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

Ah, okay. I've been under the assumption that one is set after the other, so I could see Zetsubo characters appearing in Mirai. Still, not something that will get me to check out Zetsubo as it's simulcast. Since I've never played (or plan to play) the games, I've only got a connection to the characters from the original anime.

Will stick with that for now, unless something is later revealed about the shows that compels me to watch both.

You're free to make your own choices about what to do, but I can't understand why you'd intentionally choose to skip large portions of a big overarching narrative like the Danganronpa story.

I just hope you understand that Danganronpa 3 probably isn't for you. It's made for fans of the overall series who've been following everything until now and have awaited a conclusion to everything that's happened. Even with some of the characters from the first series, they've had some growth since the end of that series.

If you choose to watch it anyway, knowing that you won't know everything the series expects you to know going into it, it'll most likely leave you either confused or dissatisfied.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Will just have to wait and see. The games aren't anything I'm interested in playing. I enjoyed the anime well enough, but it didn't grip me as something that I had to go out and get into the games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1