Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 3 TV Anime's Story Previewed Before July Debut




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11523
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
> In this game where class trials don't exist, the only way to get rid of the traitor is to find him and kill him off.

Huh, somehow I'm looking forward to this a bit more now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Wild Sakurako



Joined: 09 May 2016
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
I agree. I like the change to this already. I am so tired of the class trial stuff tbh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoMo990066



Joined: 17 Mar 2016
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
So they pretty much 5D's'd it, Mirai-hen. No more standing during trials. It's about moving around and speed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
unitmikey



Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Posts: 286
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
As someone who only watched the show and didn't play the game, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't going to be a series based off of the second game, but this sound like they might be going in the right direction.

The first anime was not really top notch writing but it was a lot of fun, so I have faith this will at least be a good addition to the franchise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3273
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
1 Mirai-hen episode & 1 Zetsubō-hen episode will air every week this summer

Oh, so double episodes. I'll probably just focus on Mirai-hen when it's simulcast, and go back and watch Zetsubo-hen if I hear good things about it. I'm only really interested in seeing the characters from the first anime return.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubleO7



Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 971
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Oh, so double episodes. I'll probably just focus on Mirai-hen when it's simulcast, and go back and watch Zetsubo-hen if I hear good things about it. I'm only really interested in seeing the characters from the first anime return.


It's probably not a big deal if you only wanted to follow one at a time, but just an FYI, they were apparently written with the intention of being watched concurrently. Presumably they may be referencing each other, despite the timeline gap, though to what extent is unclear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Cetais



Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 498
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
Oh, so double episodes. I'll probably just focus on Mirai-hen when it's simulcast, and go back and watch Zetsubo-hen if I hear good things about it. I'm only really interested in seeing the characters from the first anime return.


It's probably not a big deal if you only wanted to follow one at a time, but just an FYI, they were apparently written with the intention of being watched concurrently. Presumably they may be referencing each other, despite the timeline gap, though to what extent is unclear.

If you've played Danganronpa 2, with those story preview, you can guess why those two parts are linked. Other than the games, story-wise, there's lots of interactions between DR1 characters and DR2 characters, just so you know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3273
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
It's probably not a big deal if you only wanted to follow one at a time, but just an FYI, they were apparently written with the intention of being watched concurrently. Presumably they may be referencing each other, despite the timeline gap, though to what extent is unclear.

Ah, okay. I've been under the assumption that one is set after the other, so I could see Zetsubo characters appearing in Mirai. Still, not something that will get me to check out Zetsubo as it's simulcast. Since I've never played (or plan to play) the games, I've only got a connection to the characters from the original anime.

Will stick with that for now, unless something is later revealed about the shows that compels me to watch both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BalmungHHQ



Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Posts: 140
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:
It's probably not a big deal if you only wanted to follow one at a time, but just an FYI, they were apparently written with the intention of being watched concurrently. Presumably they may be referencing each other, despite the timeline gap, though to what extent is unclear.

Ah, okay. I've been under the assumption that one is set after the other, so I could see Zetsubo characters appearing in Mirai. Still, not something that will get me to check out Zetsubo as it's simulcast. Since I've never played (or plan to play) the games, I've only got a connection to the characters from the original anime.

Will stick with that for now, unless something is later revealed about the shows that compels me to watch both.

You're free to make your own choices about what to do, but I can't understand why you'd intentionally choose to skip large portions of a big overarching narrative like the Danganronpa story.

I just hope you understand that Danganronpa 3 probably isn't for you. It's made for fans of the overall series who've been following everything until now and have awaited a conclusion to everything that's happened. Even with some of the characters from the first series, they've had some growth since the end of that series.

If you choose to watch it anyway, knowing that you won't know everything the series expects you to know going into it, it'll most likely leave you either confused or dissatisfied.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ali07



Joined: 01 Jun 2014
Posts: 3273
Location: Victoria, Australia
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Will just have to wait and see. The games aren't anything I'm interested in playing. I enjoyed the anime well enough, but it didn't grip me as something that I had to go out and get into the games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group