• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga's Kimagure Orange Road Kickstarter Campaign Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:41 am Reply with quote
Good to hear that the whole series will see print.
blackice85

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
Glad to see it got funded too. I was critical of how they had structured the kickstarter itself, but the change they made to it later on seems to have given them just the boost they needed.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:11 am Reply with quote
I backed this project, so I'm clearly thrilled to see that it blew its last stretch goal by an additional 30K+.

Apart from the initial set up where Volumes 2-6 were stretch goals, the one thing I did not like about the way DMP handled this project was that they provided no information regarding the books. Would they have slip covers, feature higher quality paper and color inserts? Unlike their yaoi Kickstarters, all of which were well run, DMP did not answer these and was very sporadic in answering questions posted in the comment section. I don't know if the KOR campaign was being handled by a different person, but I really feel that the person who ran the SAKIRA and Finder campaigns did a much better job at keeping everyone informed.
mahoro

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Glad this is now fully funded. Really miss the times when AnimEigo did fund raising for Macross SDFM TV DVDs, Urusei Yatsura TV DVDs, and Kimagure Orange Road TV DVDs. Participated in all of those, so quite glad the KOR manga is finally getting translated! An extremely long waited project for fans like us from the original release back in the 1980s!

Just hope new fans are open to reading this series, not sure if the plot and especially the character designs will age well. Time will tell....
blackice85

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
mahoro wrote:
Just hope new fans are open to reading this series, not sure if the plot and especially the character designs will age well. Time will tell....

Part of the reason I was interested in the series was because of it's age actually. It was before my time but I had always heard good things about it, so I feel like it's something I should read for its historical importance if nothing else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1