• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shūmatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka? Light Novel Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
The premise has my interest so far. Having read some chapters of the first volume, I think it may be somewhat tricky to adapt this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Qing_Qing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
First time I hear about this novel..
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
The English translation of the title should be "What are you doing at The End? Are you busy? Can you please save me?"
msvitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
will this be a tragic anime?
if so then ill have to prepare me some box of tissues for my tears
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Fantasy setting, check.
Girls with swords, check.

Cool, looks promising.

About the tittle, should we call it ShuNaShi or Shu Iso Su or something like that?
MoriFukumen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Fantasy setting, check.

Cool, looks promising.

About the tittle, should we call it ShuNaShi or Shu Iso Su or something like that?

ShuNaShi... SnS... Shakugan No Shana!!!

On a more serious note, hopefully the crying fairy on the cover wont be our reactions after episode one comes out. It does seem like it has potential. *fingers crossed*
synaia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Fantasy setting, check.

Cool, looks promising.

The short name is SukaSuka.
+ 光

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
The English translation of the title should be "What are you doing at The End? Are you busy? Can you please save me?"

I definitely agree that the article's English translation has some funky google translate vibe going on. However, according to my pre-primary school textbook knowledge of Japanese, doesn't 'shūmatsu' mean 'week-end'?
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
I am totally into fantasy stuffs. I'm hoping that this will be a good anime.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
When I read this last week on MAL, the description they had this line " Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to defeat these creatures. "

So when I read it, I just kept thinking "let me guess, a sole male will appear...." Wasn't let down, and it went from seeming kinda cool to turning into harem.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

The translation is the official English title on the LN's cover. Which explains why it's a bit... weird.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
The character designs look really nice, too bad it sounds really generic. But ill
Be keeping my fingers crossed that it actually turn out good.
Orange Hollow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
+ 光 wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

I definitely agree that the article's English translation has some funky google translate vibe going on. However, according to my pre-primary school textbook knowledge of Japanese, doesn't 'shūmatsu' mean 'week-end'?

Yes, weekend is shūmatsu but it's written in kanji as 週末. Here it's 終末 which is the "end", "finish."
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
When I read this last week on MAL, the description they had this line " Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to defeat these creatures. "

So when I read it, I just kept thinking "let me guess, a sole male will appear...." Wasn't let down, and it went from seeming kinda cool to turning into harem.

That is what I initially thought, but then I noticed that neither this LN series, nor the sequel (shortened to SukaMoka, BTW), have the [harem] tag, but they do have a [romance] one. I insist to be a bit optimistic about that aspect of the story.
JC_Denton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

That is what I initially thought, but then I noticed that neither this LN series, nor the sequel (shortened to SukaMoka, BTW), have the [harem] tag, but they do have a [romance] one. I insist to be a bit optimistic about that aspect of the story.

It's a sad story, and most of time it doesn't have any action scene(even though the girl holding a sword).
Btw the author is Summon Night 3/4/5's writer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2