• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clifford Chapin, Chuck Huber Star in Funimation's Servamp English Broadcast Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
i am open to giving most of these boradcast dubs i shot, since i loved Ass. Class, MHA, Heavy Object and yes even Endride after all the bashing it gets, its a pretty solid show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Chuck Huber as a teenager is an interesting choice. Kinda curious if that will work
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Chuck Huber as a teenager is an interesting choice. Kinda curious if that will work

Most likely he'll be using the same voice he uses for either Android 17 or Hiei. Those are his best "teenage" roles I'm familiar with.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Its becoming increasingly difficult for me to pry up any enthusiasm for most dubs released in the last six months it feels like most ADR Directors are playing it way to safe with casting choices especially with the lead roles in the broadcast dubs. I've seen Clifford Chapin in such a role countless times now while not a bad actor he simply lacks gravitas or the "IT" factor that creates next level actors with genuine talent that work in the dubbing industry. I would of been more likely to at least checked out the first episode of the dub if a new rising actor like Stephen Sanders or Brian Olvera was thrown into the lead role instead. ADR Directors are far to intent playing it safe with their usual casting choices then wanting to create a unique dubbing product that isn't another mediocre drone clone that just vanishes with the rest of ordinary material that is flooding the current market. If you want my attention and money then strive to cast/direct a dub that is actually worthwhile and out of the box.
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
I find Strait's casting choices in general to be pretty hit and miss (more misses than hits) but this cast would be pretty solid if Huber and Solusod's roles were switched.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote
Awesome, been waiting for more Chuck Huber.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1